- In some game variants, the rules require that to capture a flag in a vacant square your team must already occupy an adjacent square, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- All of the adjacent squares are now on the open list of squares to be checked, and they are outlined in light green.
- In A* pathfinding, we do this by starting at point A, checking the adjacent squares, and generally searching outward until we find our target.
- I hit him fair and square on the jaw.
- The crowds in the square were elated by the news.
- Can I leave you to square up with the waiter?