- abnormal union of bodily tissues; most common in the abdomen
- a fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures
- the property of sticking together (as of glue and wood) or the joining of surfaces of different composition
- faithful support for a cause or political party or religion
- Adhesions resulting from a surgical procedure can cause pain especially with movement of viscera.
- All intraperitoneal surfaces should be carefully inspected and suspicious areas or adhesions should be biopsied.