- It may even express a state of meaning for which there exists no adequate word in any language.
- I would like to have a word with you.
- I hope he will be adequate to the job.
- His knowledge is adequate to do this job well.
- Our bodies need adequate nutrition.
- She had adequate grounds for a divorce.
adequate adequate nutrition of the body adequate individualized dosage adequate and systematic service Adequately versed in a subject. Adequate Food and Clothing Program Adequate nutrition in feast design Adequately supported by the market adequate food and clothing problem Adequately or properly nourished. adequate supply of educational funds