- If adequate compensation is not paid, it is known as confiscation.
- Seafarers are entitled to adequate compensation in the case of injury, loss or unemployment arising from the ship's loss or foundering.
- No intelligent person will either request or expect another to work without adequate compensation,although this may not always be in the form of money.
- Farmers allege that the process is rife with corruption, with local officials profiting from these development projects and farmers not given adequate compensation.
- There is huge scope in the system for local officials to make arbitrary decisions that change the terms of land use without providing adequate compensation.