the quality of being able to meet a need satisfactorily:
"he questioned the adequacy of the usual sentimental interpretation of the Golden Rule"
the quality of being sufficient for the end in view;
"he questioned the sufficiency of human intelligence"
- The adequacy of the security arrangements has been questioned.
- Nietzsche's Enlightenment predecessors had already established the adequacy of empirical methods to explain what goes on in the nonhuman world.
- He questioned the adequacy of the usual sentimental interpretation of the golden rule.
- It should evaluate the adequacy of an administrator's decision in light of the information produced by an advisory committee.
- sufficiency 充裕
- ampleness 广大
- abundance 丰富
- competence 能力
- capability 能力
- suitability 适当
- skill 技能
- tolerability tolerable的名词...
- qualification 资格
- appropriateness 适当性
- acceptability 可接受性
- adequateness 适当