- the quality of being able to meet a need satisfactorily:
"he questioned the adequacy of the usual sentimental interpretation of the Golden Rule"
- the quality of being sufficient for the end in view;
"he questioned the sufficiency of human intelligence"
- The adequacy of the security arrangements has been questioned.
- Nietzsche's Enlightenment predecessors had already established the adequacy of empirical methods to explain what goes on in the nonhuman world.
- He questioned the adequacy of the usual sentimental interpretation of the golden rule.