- [C]演说,演讲 speech made to an audience
- [U]谈吐或行为的风度 manner of speaking or behaving
- [C]住址,地址 details of place where a person lives, works or can be found, and where letter, etc. may be delivered
- vt. 向…讲话,向…发表演说,写给 … say sth to sb in speech or writing, make a speech to; direct one's speech or writing to a person or group
- vt. 称呼 speak or write to using a particular title of rank
- vt. 在(信封或包裹等)上写上收信人的姓名,地址 write on an envelope, parcel, etc. particulars of the person, town, street, number of the house, etc., to which it is to be delivered
- (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience;
"he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- the manner of speaking to another individual;
"he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
- a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
- written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
- the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- social skill
- speak to;
"He addressed the crowd outside the window"
- give a speech to;
"The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- put an address on (an envelope)
- direct a question at someone
- address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name;
"He always addresses me with `Sir'"
"Call me Mister"
"She calls him by first name"
- access or locate by address
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression;
"This book deals with incest"
"The course covered all of Western Civilization"
"The new book treats the history of China"
- speak to someone
- adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
- Please write your home address on the registration form.
- I'll log in to the internet to know about you. I know your address.
- Can you tell me your E-mail address?
- What form of address should one use when writing to a bishop?
- Mr. Youshida will give an address during today's morning assembly. May I start my work on the telefax machine after that?
- The mayor gave a television address yesterday evening.
- The president gave an address over the radio.
- Luke's homely, unpretending style, and his pleasing address catch the ear of the people.
- Most people call me Bob. How do I address you?
- He is going to address the meeting.
- He addressed the audience in an eloquent speech.
- Please address all enquiries to this office.
- Could you help me address these envelopes?
- There is a letter addressed to you.
The chairman gave an opening address.
He gave a congratulatory address.
He gave a inflammatory address to the audience.
The President gave an address to the nation over the radio.
The visiting guest gave a moving farewell address at the banquet.
He delivered an address of thanks.
The admiral delivered an address on the events of the day.
He delivered a television address on the events of the day.
He read a beautiful address to the soul of his dead friend.
He read an address of welcome on behalf of his country.
At the airport he read an address of welcome on behalf of the association.
The students followed his address with great interest.
What a noble, splendid, inspired address you gave us!
His inspiring address was broadcast last night.
He paid his addresses to a young lady of considerable attraction.
The address of the company is 211 An-Ho Road,Sec.2,Taipei.
What's your home address?
There is no return address on this letter.
This is a sufficient address for letters to reach me.
Please ask him to leave his address.
He went out without leaving his address.
She gave me the new address of the family.
Give me your name and address.
May I have your address please?
He put the wrong address on the package.
Write the name and address on the envelope.
She has changed her address.
He has my address.
Please let me have your address as soon as you are settled.
I can't obtain his address.
Can you give me the address of Mr.Li?
I can't read the address on the letter.
Look at the above address.
You called at a wrong address.No wonder you failed to find me.
How long have you been living at the present address?
We are going to apply at the following address.
An agency has been opened at the following address.
She was employed at the above address as typist.
He is still in the same address.
He is of no fixed address.
I'm sending this letter to your old address, trusting that the postal authorities will know where to find you.
Send the newspaper to my vacation address.
The general addressed his troops before the battle.
He addressed me in the street.
He addressed the audience in an eloquent speech.
He addressed the intruder with indignation.
The teacher might suddenly address individual students at random.
He addressed his friend on the subject.
He addressed the audience on the subject of atomic warfare.
He will address you on the subject of war and peace.
I have the honor of introducing to you Mr.Alan, who will address you on his recent tour abroad.
In Hyde Park, speakers address the passing crowds on different subjects.
Some scientists addressed the newspaper editors, showing their greatest concern over the problem.
He addressed the meeting last night.
He is going to address the meeting in a minute.
We should have enough courage to address the serious problems facing us.
How am I to address him?
How shall we address a prince?
How should one address a senator?
I didn't know he was addressing me until he repeated my name.
How do you address letters in English?
When you called me last night,I was addressing some letters.
Address your mail to a specific address.
The rally was also addressed by several students.
He was wrongly addressed.
He was always addressed by his surname with prefix of “Mr.”
The letter was wrongly addressed.
I addressed a question to a friend.
Please address your remarks to the manager, not to me.
Please address all requests to this office.
You must address your complaints to Head Office.
We should address strong protest to them.
Who ought I to address my request to?
They addressed a petition to the legislature.
I want to address a letter to a friend.
Will you address this letter to Jane?
Milla was going to address his reply to him (in) care of Mr.Darcy.
May I address to you my warm greetings?
They addressed to the governor a plea for clemency.
Were your words addressed to me?
My speech is addressed to the boys and girls in this school, rather than to the parents.
This letter is addressed to me.
The letter is addressed to the care of Miss Jane.
The letter was addressed to the wrong house.
Don't open letters that are not addressed to you.
Please address the letter for me.
She addressed the boy as “my dear brother”.
Don't address me as “Colonel”,I'm only a major.
We addressed the girl as “Fatty”.
A lady chairman may be addressed as “Madam Chairman.”
It is a wrongly addressed letter.
Your letter addressed to mother and me has been received.
- address to (v.+prep.)
向…讲话,给…写信,在信封上写姓名地址 aim speech or writing to sb; send a letter, etc.to sb by putting his name and address on the outside address oneself to sb
Kindly address yourself to the chairman, not directly to other representatives at this meeting.请你向主席讲,不必直接向与会代表讲。
Please address yourself to Mr.Smith for particular questions.请向史密斯先生打听详情。
Addressing himself to the principal, he defended the student's behaviour.他在向校长陈述情况的时候,为学生的行为做了辩解。
He addressed himself to me that he would no longer remain in his present position.他对我说他不久要离开目前的职务。
He addressed himself to the crowd.他向群众讲话。
He addressed himself to the proper authority.他向当局请愿。
He'll address himself to the authorities.他将向上级说明情况。
〈正〉着手做某事,忙于某事; 把某人的注意力转向某事 make oneself busy with; turn the attention of oneself to sth; divert one's effort〔attention〕 to address oneself to sth
Let us address ourselves to the matter in hand.让我们投入手边的工作。
The candidates did not address themselves to the issues.候选人没有谈到那些问题。
I addressed myself to the work.我用全部精力投入这项工作。
He addressed himself to the main difficulty.他着手解决主要的困难。
He addressed himself to a task of learning French.他正忙于学习法语。
It's time they addressed themselves to the task assigned to them.他们应该开始做分配给他们的工作了。
She addressed herself to her new task.她致力于她的新工作。address oneself to v-ing
When his father died,Paul had to address himself to earning his own living.保罗在父亲死后就不得不开始自己谋生了。
Let us address ourselves to completing the business of the meeting.让我们着手完成会务工作。
When I've finished painting the house I'll address myself to doing the garden.等我把房子油漆好以后,我将着手整理花园。
He addressed himself to mowing the lawn.他专心修剪草坪。
Our teacher is addressing himself to writing a novel.我们的老师正忙于写一部小说。
- 向…讲话,给…写信,在信封上写姓名地址 aim speech or writing to sb; send a letter, etc.to sb by putting his name and address on the outside address oneself to sb
- alter address 改变讲话
- broadcast sb's address 广播某人的讲话
- compose address 起草一篇讲演稿
- concoct address 编造讲话
- condense address 压缩讲话
- curtail address 缩短讲话
- deliver an address 发表讲话
- draft out an address 起草演讲稿
- expand address 扩大讲话内容
- give an address 发表演说
- make an address 发表演说,致词
- organize address 使讲话有条理
- pour forth address 滔滔不绝地演讲
- propagate an address 转播讲话
- read an address 致词
- reel off address 滔滔不绝地讲
- thunder address 大声地讲话
- work on one's address 准备发言稿
- pay one's address 献殷勤
- show great address 表现出很大本领
- change one's address 改变地址
- have sb's address 有(某人)的地址
- leave one's address 留下地址
- memorize an address 记住地址
- obtain sb's address 得到某人的地址
- want sb's address 需要某人的地址
- affectionate address 充满深情的讲话
- careful address 小心谨慎的讲话
- closing address 闭幕词
- commemorative address 纪念性讲话
- complimentary address 祝词,颂词
- congratulatory address 贺词
- direct address 呼语
- eloquent address 雄辩的演说
- emphatic address 加强语气的讲话
- extempore address 即席讲话
- fervid address 热情的讲话
- flattering address 奉承话
- funeral address 吊唁词
- graphic address 生动的讲话
- grave address 严肃的讲话
- halting address 吞吞吐吐的讲话
- illuminating address 启发性的讲话
- impending address 紧急讲话
- important address 重要讲话
- impressive address 动人的讲演
- impromptu address 即席讲话
- inaugural address 就职演说,开幕词
- incoherent address 不连贯的讲话
- informing address 能增进知识的讲话
- insinuating address 低声下气的说话
- inspiring address 鼓舞人心的讲话
- interesting address 有趣的讲话
- intuitive address 直观的演说
- laudatory address 赞美的话
- lengthy address 冗长的演说
- lucid address 清楚明白的讲话
- masterly address 巧妙的讲话
- moving address 激动人心的讲话
- naive address 质朴自然的讲话
- opening address 开幕词
- parting address 告别演说
- passionate address 多情的讲话
- pithy address 简洁的讲话
- preliminary address 前言,开场白
- private address 私下谈话
- public address 公开演说
- radical address 重要讲话
- rousing address 惊人的讲话
- sensational address 耸人听闻的讲话
- soldier-like address 勇敢的演说
- stirring address 激动人心的讲话
- stumbling address 结结巴巴的讲话
- temperate address 有节制的讲话
- charming address 媚人的求爱,献殷勤
- above address 上面的地址
- correct address 正确的地址
- false address 假地址
- fixed address 固定地址
- following address 下述地址
- forwarding address (邮件的)转送地址
- inside address 信纸左上角的收信人姓名、地址
- insufficient address 不完整的地址
- mailing address 通讯地址
- new address 新地址
- old address 老地址
- out-of-date address 过时的地址
- permanent address 长住地址
- present address 现在的地址
- private address 秘密地址
- return address 回信地址
- temporary address 临时住址
- commencement address 毕业典礼上的演说
- farewell address 告别演说
- graduation address 毕业演说
- keynote address 在政党代表大会上发表的施政方针的演说
- presentation address 在授予仪式上发表的讲话
- radio address 广播讲话
- television address 电视讲话
- business address 办公地址
- cable address 电报挂号
- home address 家庭地址
- office address 办公室地址
- vacation address 度假地址
- address about sth 关于…的讲话
- address of congratulation 祝贺词
- address of thanks 答谢词
- address of welcome 欢迎词
- address on foreign policy 有关对外政策的公开讲话
- address over the radio 发表广播演说
- address to Parliament 对国会的请愿
- address to the army 对部队的讲话
- address to the audience 向听众发表演说
- address to the soul of the dead 祭文,招魂篇
- address to the Throne 上奏
- address in dealing with sb 对付某人的手段
- address a gathering 在集会上讲话
- address a meeting 向大会发表演说,向大会致词
- address a party 在聚会上讲话
- address a passer-by 向过路人讲话
- address an answer 致答辞
- address an audience 向听众发表讲话
- address one's friends 向朋友们谈看法
- address the banquet 在宴会上讲话
- address the crowd 向群众讲话
- address the demonstrators 对示威群众讲话
- address the dinner 在宴会上讲话
- address the masses 向群众讲话
- address the rally 在群众大会上讲话
- address the United Nations 在联合国发表演说
- address one's mail in care of sb 把邮件寄给(某人)转交
- address the letter 在信封上写收信人的姓名地址
- address ardently 热情地发表演说,强烈地提出抗议
- address eloquently 雄辩地论述
- address exclusively 独家论述
- address indiscriminately 一味地发表讲话,不分青红皂白地讲话
- address informally 非正式地讲话
- address insinuatingly 讨好地献殷勤
- address inspiringly 振奋人心地讲话
- address intelligently 明智地讲话
- address intimately 个人谈话,经过认真调查研究后发表讲话
- address lucidly 头脑清楚地讲话
- address mournfully 悲痛地发表演说
- address passionately 动情地讲话
- address pointedly 直截了当地提出
- address pretentiously 盛气凌人的讲话
- address pugnaciously 好斗地争执
- address stirringly 激动人心地讲话
- address temperately 适中地讲话
- address affectionately 在家信结尾处写上“你的亲爱的”
- address cordially 在信尾处写上“你的诚挚的”
- address to 向…讲话
Farmer Williams..had paid her his addresses.出自：Goldsmith
Forced for to addresse themselues, and range a nauall battell in order.出自：P. Holland
A Parlament being call'd, to addres many things.出自：Milton
- address作及物动词时，意为“发表演说”，“写信给……”等，后不可加to。如可以说address the audience，不可说address to the audience；
This letter is addressed to a newspaper editor.
- address the letter和address the envelope两种表达方式均可；
You must write to him at his new address.
- 表示“在某地址”时,该地址如明确具体, address前用介词at,如较笼统,则可用in。
- address作“收件人地址”解时,美国发音往往为 ［' dres］ ,作其他意义解时,英美发音均为 ［ə'dres］ 。
- “致开〔闭〕幕词”等在美国多用动词make (an opening〔a closing〕 address),在英国多用deliver或give。
- address是及物动词,后接名词或代词作宾语,有时可接双宾语,其间接宾语可转化为介词for或to的宾语,还可接由“as+ n. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。
- address多用于address sth to sb 句型,而较少使用address sb sth 和address to sb sth 两个句型。只有在sth 比sb 长,或者sth 带有附加成分,为避免句子头重脚轻,才使用address sb sth 和address to sb sth。
- “在信封上写地址”可以说address the letter,也可以说address the envelope。
- address, lecture, oration, report, speech, talk
1.在这组词中, address, speech, talk, oration四个词是同义词, lecture和report的词义与其他四个词的词义差异较大。①lecture指学术性的“专题讲演”,尤指大学教师讲课,引申义为“教训”。例如：Professor Black will give us a lecture on English literature tomorrow afternoon.布莱克教授明天下午将给我们做关于英国文学的演讲。His mother gave him a lecture for getting up late.他妈妈因为他睡懒觉而训斥了他一顿。注意这六个词中只有lecture不可与make连用。②report指下级对上级或委托机关的“报告”,比汉语中“报告”的外延小得多。例如：The manager had just given the company's annual report.经理刚做了公司的年度报告。2.address, speech, talk, oration四个词的共同含义是“当众讲话”。其区别是：①speech和talk是普通用语, address和oration是正式用语。②address和oration用于正式隆重的场合,经过充分准备,听众较多,篇幅较长。这两者中, oration比address更正式,更隆重,人更多,篇幅更长。例如：The minister's address will be broadcast at 8 o'clock.部长的讲话将于8时广播。Lincoln's Gettysburg Address was an oration.林肯的盖茨堡讲演是一篇雄辩有力的演说辞。这两个词含义上的区别是：address强调演说人的身份或地位高,而oration则强调演说人口才好,演说有煽动性,雄辩有力,词藻华丽。③speech和talk的区别是：speech多用于正式场合,也可用于非正式场合; 而talk多用于非正式场合,也可用于正式场合。speech一般是经过准备的也可不经过准备; 而talk一般是不经过准备的。speech的措辞一般是庄重的; 而talk是较为随便的,讲话方式也较自由,甚至也可以是对话。例如：Please tell us what you think in a few simple words, we don't want a speech.请用简短的话说明你的意思,不要演说。We enjoy freedom of speech.我们有言论自由。We had a long talk about it.关于此事,我们作了一次长谈。He gave us a very interesting talk on Yugoslavia.他给我们作了一场饶有兴趣的关于南斯拉夫的报告。④speech除作“讲演”解之外,还有“讲稿”“讲演风格”的含义,而另外三个词无此含义。例如：His speech was sent to the newspaper in advance.他的讲话稿事先就送报社去了。Her speech is informal and filled with colloquialisms.她的讲话常是非正式的,很口语化。
- address, address to, address oneself to
这三个词语都可作“向…讲话”解,但address后面直接跟宾语,而address to常用于address sth to sb 结构, address oneself to则是正式用法,除作“向…讲话”解外还可作“从事于,忙于”解。
- address to, mail to, post to
这三个短语结构相同( v. + prep. ),意思相同(将某物寄给某人或某地),用法相同(接表示人或地点的名词作宾语,可用于主、被动结构)。它们之间的区别在于使用场合上,作“寄信”解时可换用。例如:Please address〔mail,post〕 the letter to Alaska.请将此信按地址寄至阿拉斯加。而“寄包裹或其他物品”时英国人多用post to,美国人多用mail to。例如:
- The cheque was posted to you yesterday.
- The check was mailed to you yesterday.
- address greet salute hail welcome
- address speech lecture oration report talk
误 Where is your new address?
正 What is your new address?
误 He addressed to the audience in his commanding voice.
正 He addressed the audience in his commanding voice.
正 He addressed himself to the audience in his commanding voice.
析 address本身就等于to make a speech to,即为及物动词,直接接宾语,不能再加to。(注意误句和第二个正句中audience前虽然都有to,但并不一样,第二个正句中address仍为及物动词,但以反身代词himself为宾语,再用to引出讲演的对象)
错句：professor joans will adress to the audience on the subject of energy resources.
纠正：professor joans will adress the audience on the subject of energy resources.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古法语的adresser，意为弄直；最初源自拉丁语的directus，意为直，直接。
[短语词组]address...to...邮寄...给...贡献者: 最棒的kaka 2012-05-21 有用报错
- addresses:address n. 地址, 致辞, 演讲, 说话的技巧vt. 向...致辞, 演说, 写姓名地址, 从事, 忙于 英英解释:名词address:1. (computer science) the c…