- In cryptography,the additional characters added to a plaintext message,to ensure that its length is an integral number of blocks for encryption by a block cipher.
- Thus, if a byte were used to store characters, 128 additional characters could be invented to supplement ASCII.
- set additional character separation
- There is a vein of melancholy in his character.
- Therefore, it is important to note that individual situations may warrant including additional characters in the list of special characters.