- Now called Braess's Paradox, scientists have found many examples of how adding capacity to a crowded network reduces its overall production.
- The FAA studied population growth, travel and income trends to determine airports' future needs. At least43 airports will need to add capacity-- some more than once-- in the next15 years.
- Obama also pointed to planned improvements for the electrical grid, which will eventually need added capacity if plug-in cars become the norm.
- "For the last 15-16 years we have not been able to add capacities required. The power-demand supply gap has been actually increasing year after year," said Raghuraman.
- Administrator Binggang Zhu said that China Petroleum and Natural Gas Corporation will utilize this recently added capacity to develop natural gas chemical industry in the recently approved municipality of Chongqing which has a solid industry foundation.