- large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of northern Africa
- Addax nasomaculatus [addax; screwhorn antelope]
- As a result, Addax and DNO have yet to be paid for their exports.
- Sinopec's $7.2 billion acquisition of Addax has a familiar ring to it.
- Addax has operations in Gabon, where Sinopec has been involved in oil exploration, as well as in Nigeria and Cameroon.
- Addax's oil and gas exploration and production activities are focused on west Africa and the Middle East.
- Including the Addax deal, Chinese oil firms have bought $43.7 billion of overseas assets since 2005.