- 加起来; 与应有的总数相符; 合乎情理
- develop into;
"This idea will never amount to anything"
"nothing came of his grandiose plans"
- determine the sum of;
"Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
- add up in number or quantity;
"The bills amounted to $2,000"
"The bill came to $2,000"
- be reasonable or logical or comprehensible
- His story just doesn't add up he must be lying.
- You'll have to go over these figures again, they don't add up.
- Add up all the money I owe you.
- These figures don't add up right.
- The time I spend in commuting every day adds up to three hours.
- The figures add up to270.
- These numbers add up to 100.