- 加起来; 与应有的总数相符; 合乎情理
"This idea will never amount to anything"
"nothing came of his grandiose plans"
determine the sum of;
"Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
add up in number or quantity;
"The bills amounted to $2,000"
"The bill came to $2,000"
be reasonable or logical or comprehensible
- The bills add up to exactly $100.
- Please cast up these numbers for me.
- These instances sum up to several dozen.
- To obtain the overall score, add up the totals in each column.
- Because then we'd seal up one rathole and close off access to a lot of others.
- They have passbands which extend from DC, and the quantization noise is pushed up into the higher frequencies.