- And when Adad was dead, there reigned in his stead, Semla of Masreca.
- And the Lord raised up an adversary to Solomon, Adad the Edomite of the king's seed, in Edom.
- There are also temples devoted to the gods of the sun and the moon, and one with two towers sacred to Anu, god of the sky, and Adad, god of storms.
- And he was an adversary to Israel, all the days of Solomon: and this is the evil of Adad, and his hatred against Israel, and he reigned in Syria.
- And Adad found great favour before Pharao, insomuch that he gave him to wife, the own sister of his wife Taphnes the queen.