- He'll have to chase up the actual words of the speech that he was reporting.
- I'll have to chase up the actual words of the speech that I was reporting.
- When you speak your own language your intonation and volume goes up and down, it emphasizes emo-tions and often tells us more than your actual words.
- Pub etiquette does not dictate the actual words to be used in this exchange and you may hear sane inventive and idiosyncratic variations.
- I would like to have a word with you.
- When businesspeople answer questions, they often use sounds that mean "Yes", "No" and "I don't know" instead of the actual words (for example, "Uh-uh. Afraid not.