- Over 300 strains of bacteria have been found in activated sludge.
- Acetate was degraded by denitrifying activated sludge.
- Respirometer was used to monitor microbial activity in activated sludge.
- Moving bed biofilm reactor(MBBR), is used in highly effective wastewater treatment, having the advantage of both traditional actived sludge process and biofilm wastewater disposing process.
- The trickling filter and activated sludge efficiencies cited required primary sedimentation and effluent circulation.