- Vapor liquid equilibrium (VLE) of the binary system of active amyl alcohol and ethylene glycol was studied at 101.
- A good extractant for the seperation of active amyl alcohol and isoaml alcohol by extractive distillaiton was studied by theoretical analysis and experimental analysis.
- The results showed that addition of appropriate extracting solvent could increase the relative vol atility of active amyl alcohol and decrease the number of theoretical plates.
- The extractive agent will effectively increase the relative voatility between active amyl alcohol and isoamyl alcohol, and is easy to be recovered bo isoamyl alchohol.
- Keywords active amyl alcohol;isoamyl alcohol;separation;extraction agent;