active margin basin的用法和样例：
- During the Neoproterozoic to the Early Paleozoic, the South China was a marginal basin captured by the Yangtze active continental margin, filled with very thick flysch, sandstone, and shale sediments.
- The Mauritania Coast Basin represents a classical passive margin basin created in response to the opening and drift of the Atlantic Ocean,which began in the Late Permian/Early Triassic times.
- passive continental margin basin
- Volcanic rifted margins are a kind of continental margin formed during continental breakup.Their geodynamic evolution is as complex as that of active margins.
- They were continental rift and passive continental margin basins formed as a result of the break-up of Gondwana and the spreading of Atlantic Ocean.