- The orient has been playing an active role in the world economy.
- He is an active member of the school's stamp club.
- An active volcano may explode at any time.
- Is it wise to engage in active sports at your age?
- She was active as a left-winger in the party.
- He was very active and rode down several horses.
activetype active actively engaged in paid work. active-disturbance-rejection Active-clamp forward converter active elctronic countermeasures active oxygen species metabolism Active Thermal Control Subsystem Active service contracts on file active stock and bond markets. active components of isoflavones Active Structure and Earth quake