- An active galaxy is a star system with a humongous black hole at its centre.
- They'd found evidence of the most terrifying force in nature, but worryingly it wasn't in some far-off active galaxy.
- Active galaxy Centaurus A is likely the result of a merger with a spiral galaxy some 100 million years ago.
- The double black holes were found in a bright, highly active galaxy known as NGC6240, about 400 million light-years from the Earth.
- The Milky Way is not an active galaxy, but it does have a powerful source of radiation called Sagittarius A* at its center.
- An algorithm for classification of galaxy spectra is proposed, which divides thegalaxy spectra into normal galaxy and active galaxy spectra.