- P-selectin is expressed on activated platelets as well as on endothelial cells.E-selectin is only expressed on endothelial cells.
- It also mediates heterotypic aggregation of activated platelets and cancer cells, as well as adhesion of cancer cells to stimulated endothelial cells.
- It also mediates heterotypic aggregation of activated platelets and-cancer cells, as well as adhesion of cancer cells to stimulated endothelial cells.
- It can mediate leukocyte rolling on stimulated endothelial cells and heterotypic aggregation of activated platelets to leukocytes.
- P-selectin is a membrane glycoprotein belonging to the selectin family, acts as a cell-adhesion molecule in activated platelets and endothelial cells.
- These hemostatic textile materials can form colloidal particles in liquids, absorb activated platelets and take part in hemostasia.