- Macrophage system is one of the important ways to immune defence, activated macrophages dissolve and kill tumor cells by phagocytosis, ADCC, cytokine and etc.
- AP could realize its immune function by the means of activating macrophage cells, acting on immune cells and producing cell factors corresponding.
- Furthermore, expression of both CCR2 and CCR5 genes was enhanced significantly in activated macrophages when compared with non-activated macrophages.
- Myeloperoxidase is a central inflammatory enzyme secreted by activated macrophages and is involved in multiple stages of plaque destabilization and patient outcome.
- They tested mice with and without a type of white cell in the lining of the lung known as alternatively activated macrophages, a part of the innate immune system.