- A legislative act authorizing the expenditure of a designated amount of public funds for a specific purpose.
- This act authorized ongoing federal support for extension services, using a formula similar to the Hatch Act's to determine the amount of the appropriation.
- The Act authorizes a federal court of appeals to appoint a special prosecutor, or "independent counsel," to investigate allegations of criminal wrongdoing by high officials of the Executive Branch.
- The forest will act as a defense against desert dust.
- May I see your authorization for this?
- Legislatures often act in a negatory manner.