- 举止与…相称 ，表现
- =Action for Children's Television，儿童电视行动组织
- =American College Test，美国大学测验
- =Australian Capital Territory，（澳大利亚）首都直辖区
- =Association of Classroom Teachers，（美国）任课教师协会
- [C]行为; 行动; 所为 a particular thing that sb does
- [C]法案,法令 a law that has been passed by a parliament
- [C]一幕 one of the main divisions of a play, an opera, etc.
- [C]一段表演 one of several short pieces of entertainment in a show
- [C]表演者; 音乐人组合 a performer or group of musicians
- [C]假装 a way of behaving that is not sincere but is intended to have a particular effect on others
- vi. 行为; 举止 behave in a particular way
- vi. 〈非正〉假装 pretend by your behaviour to be a particular type of person
- vt. & vi. 扮演 pretend by your behaviour to be a particular type in a play or film〔movie〕
- vi. 充当; 起作用 perform a particular role or function; start to have an effect
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- something that people do or cause to happen
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program;
"he did his act three times every evening"
"she had a catchy little routine"
"it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- a manifestation of insincerity;
"he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action);
"think before you act"
"We must move quickly"
"The governor should act on the new energy bill"
"The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself;
"You should act like an adult"
"Don't behave like a fool"
"What makes her do this way?"
"The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- play a role or part;
"Gielgud played Hamlet"
"She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"
"She played the servant to her husband's master"
- discharge one's duties;
"She acts as the chair"
"In what capacity are you acting?"
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind;
"He acted the idiot"
"She plays deaf when the news are bad"
- be suitable for theatrical performance;
"This scene acts well"
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected;
"The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"
"How does your idea work in practice?"
"This method doesn't work"
"The breaks of my new car act quickly"
"The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- behave unnaturally or affectedly;
"She's just acting"
- perform on a stage or theater;
"She acts in this play"
"He acted in `Julius Caesar'"
"I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
- It is an act of kindness to help a blind man across the street.
- This act had to get a strong support from them.
- In 1601, Parliament passed an act, which aimed to provide the poor with more jobs.
- Don't take her seriously--it's all an act.
- Think well before you act.
- John's been acting very strangely lately.
- I decided to act dumb.
- Act interested even if you're bored.
- Now let's act out the model dialogue.
- She plans to act Lady Macbeth in summer stock.
- I volunteered to act as chauffeur.
- Alcohol acts on the nervous system.
Acts, not words, are what we need.
Her first act was to shut the door.
My first act was to run into the waiting room.
The act was committed with savage brutality.
The act of murder is the act of madness.
The act of standing up made her head ache.
The sexual act itself meant little to her.
Act Ⅰ takes place in a castle.
The act ended and the lights were turned on.
Our next act is a very talented young musician.
The act broke up after 30 years. 30
It's a foolish act.
It was a brave act.
To kick a cat is a cruel act.
Slapping his face was a childish act.
That's one true act of friendship.
It is the act of a mad man.
It is a noble act to help a blind man across the street.
He ran into the burning house and saved the child.That was really a brave act.
He committed many cruel acts.
He returned to England, repeating his disappearing act so he wouldn't have to discuss scripts.
He kept up his balancing act between the two parties.
Tim always does a disappearing act whenever my mother comes to stay.
They did the hospitality act in great shape.
He has committed terrible acts of violence.
His presidency was very successful—it'll be a hard act to follow.
It is my own act.Why do you bring my mother in?
Parliament has passed an Act forbidding the killing of animals for pleasure.
I'm hoping that I shall like the second act.
Most modern plays have three acts.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our next act, the Lemon brothers.
They're a brilliant comedy act.
They are a brilliant act.
They've got a very original act.
His elaborate grief was just an act.
Don't take her seriously, it's all an act.
Don't feel sorry for her—all this crying's just an act.
The act was passed by Congress and went into effect in August,1980.
The Natural Gas Policy Act was passed.
This area was declared a National Park by an act of Congress.
All water used by the Fire Brigade for fire extinction purpose is supplied free by an act of Congress.
He was criticized for one careless act.
He paid for the foolhardy act with his life.
From his acts he seems to be a fool.
Shakespeare's plays were written in five acts.
It is a play in five acts.
She was magnificent in Act One of Carmen .
Hamlet kills the king in Act 5 Scene 2.
He was accused of some 30 terrorist acts.
He sat with his back to the stage all through the first act.
The hero does not enter until the second act.
The simple act of telling someone about a problem can help.
Sometimes just the act of writing down the problems straightens out your thinking.
How ought I to act?
I can't act that way.
Now at last Simon acted.
Think carefully before you act.
I don't think he acted quite right.
I've acted like a total idiot.
John's been acting very strangely lately.
Did the BBC act reasonably in sacking the journalist?
Had the paramedics not acted so swiftly, he would have died.
She claims that she acted out of necessity.
Stop acting like spoilt children!
The council must act quickly, before more people are killed on that road.
The court must establish whether the accused acted illegally.
The girl's life was saved because the doctors acted so promptly.
The report said that the doctor had acted very responsibly.
We acted in good faith—we did not know the goods were stolen.
Why don't you make up your mind to act at once?
She is not really crying; she's just acting to get your sympathy.
We must act now to prevent further damage to our rainforests.
Have you ever acted?
How long have you been acting?
I can't take her seriously because she always seems to be acting.
I don't think that play will act.
I've always wanted to act.
Most of the cast act well.
Olivier is acting tonight.
The play is acting wonderfully well.
We acted on the stage last night.
You can't take her seriously because she always seems to be acting.
Does the drug take long to act?
Don't expect the medicine to act immediately.
The medicine acts well.
The drug failed to act.
The pump is not acting well.
Don't act the ass.
Stop acting virtue!
He's always acting the experienced man who has seen everything.
He acted the gentleman and slept in the armchair.
The people we met looked and acted happy, pleased with life.
She acted calm although she was very worried.
Don't act so stupid.
Sometimes she acts young for her age.
The boy acted tired to avoid more work.
Sometimes I act a lot older than I am, but people never notice it.
He acted surprised and overjoyed.
He acts as if that he was ill.
He acted as if he'd never seen me before.
Just act as if nothing's happened.
In the evening they acted a play which Joe had written and a few friends came to see it.
She acts her part well.
She is acting the role of Juliet
The boy is going to act the part of messenger in the play.
Who's acting Hamlet?
He acted the main hero in the play.
Last week a new play was acted.
The play was well acted.
The play was acted for the first time last night.
- act of God
天灾,不可抗力(如风暴、洪水、地震) an event caused by natural forces beyond human control, such as a storm, a flood or an earthquake
Primitive people regarded storms as an act of God. 原始人认为风暴是上帝所为。
- 天灾,不可抗力(如风暴、洪水、地震) an event caused by natural forces beyond human control, such as a storm, a flood or an earthquake
- be an impossible〔hard〕 act
令人望而兴叹,令人难以企及 used in order to say that the way sb has done sth is so successful or impressive that it will be difficult for the next person, team, etc. who does it to be as good
The department owes a lot to Amanda for her years of leadership—she's a hard act to follow. 该部门这些年来取得的成就都归功于阿曼达领导有方——她的能力令人望尘莫及。
Shulman's magnificent first novel may be a nearly impossible act to follow. 舒尔曼的首部小说几乎是旷世之作。
- 令人望而兴叹,令人难以企及 used in order to say that the way sb has done sth is so successful or impressive that it will be difficult for the next person, team, etc. who does it to be as good
- be〔get〕 in on the act
〈非正〉参与,插一手 be〔become〕 involved in an activity that sb else has started, especially to get sth for yourself
First it was politicians, now a novelist has decided to get in on the act. 开始是政客们,现在是一个小说家也决定染指其中。
We did all the hard work of setting up the company, and now everyone wants to get in on the act. 我们辛辛苦苦地成立了公司,现在每个人都想来占便宜。
- 〈非正〉参与,插一手 be〔become〕 involved in an activity that sb else has started, especially to get sth for yourself
- in the act
正要做(某事); 当场 while doing, at the moment of doing in the act
It happened in the act, not before or after.这件事不早不晚就发生在行动过程当中。
A criminal was caught in the act.罪犯在作案时被抓获。
He denies all guilt, even though he was caught in the act.他否认所有罪行,即便他是被当场抓住的。in the act of v-ing
In the act of taking a bath,I heard a knock at the door.我正要洗澡时,听到了敲门声。
I was in the act of shooting him when I suddenly recognized him.我正要向他开枪时,突然认出了他。
She stopped in the act of turning and stared at me.她转身时突然停下来盯着我。
I caught him in the act of reading my private letters.他正偷看我的私人信件时,被我撞见了。
I photographed them in the act of stealing my car.他们正在偷我的车时被我拍了照片。
The farmer caught the boys in the act of stealing of his apples.在孩子们偷苹果时,这位农夫抓住了他们。
He was caught in the act of breaking into the house.他在破门而入的时候被抓住了。
- 正要做(某事); 当场 while doing, at the moment of doing in the act
- put on an act
装模作样 behave in an insincere manner
He's just putting on an act for the boss's benefit. 他正是为了老板的利益才装腔作势。
Louisa put on an act, pretending she did not care about him in the least. 路易莎装腔作势,装出她一点也不把他放在心上的样子。
Mary wasn't really happy, she was putting on an act. 玛丽并非真高兴,她是在强作欢颜。
- 装模作样 behave in an insincere manner
- get one's act together
〈非正〉协同一致begin to work together in an effective way
If you want to be finished by Monday, you'll have to get your act together. 你如果想在星期一之前完成,就得作出合理安排。
She's so disorganized—I wish she'd get her act together. 她如此杂乱无章——我希望她能有条理地筹划一下。
- 〈非正〉协同一致begin to work together in an effective way
- act against( v.+prep. )
违反 be against act against sth 〓
I acted against your advice.我违背了你的劝告。
They acted against the discipline of their school.他们违反了学校的纪律。
- 违反 be against act against sth 〓
- act as( v.+prep. )
充当 fulfill the post of sth act as sb/sth
A copper wire acts as a conductor.铜丝可用作导体。
I'll act as an interpreter for American tourists.我将为美国旅游者当译员。
Sometimes they acted as referees.有时他们担任裁判员。
He acted as secretary to the board.他充任委员会的秘书。
A trained dog can act as a guide to a blind person.经过训练的狗能当导盲犬。
Classroom testing most certainly acts as a stimulus to study.课堂测验当然会对学习起到促进作用。
The drugs act as a brake on the spread of the disease.这些药物有制止这种疾病扩散的效果。
This kind of tea acts as an aid to digestion.这种茶可以帮助消化。
You speak Greek—will you act as interpreter?你会说希腊语,那你能当翻译吗？
- 充当 fulfill the post of sth act as sb/sth
- act for( v.+prep. )
代表…行事 to be employed to deal with sb's affairs for them, for example by representing them in a court of law act for sb
A solicitor acts for his clients.律师代表他的当事人。
Lawyers acting for the family will issue a statement this morning.代表这家人的律师今天早上会发表一份声明。
His lawyer acted for him; he did not appear in court himself.他的律师代表他,他自己没出庭。
He asked me to act for him at the meeting.他叫我代表他出席会议。
Please act for me during my absence.我不在时,请充当我的全权代表。
Will you please act for me in the matter?请你替我处理这件事情好吗?
- 代表…行事 to be employed to deal with sb's affairs for them, for example by representing them in a court of law act for sb
- act on〔upon〕( v.+prep. )
对…起作用; 对…有功效 have an effect〔influence〕 on; take action as a result of advice, information, etc.
Alcohol acts quickly on the brain. 酒精对大脑迅速产生影响。
This medicine acts on the heart. 这种药对心脏起作用。
Does the drug take long to act on the pain? 这药要很久才能发挥药效止痛吗?
Acid acts on most metals. 酸对大多数金属起作用。
By gravitation the sun and planets act and react upon one another. 太阳与行星通过引力发挥作用并相互影响。
External things act on our sense organs and give rise to impressions in our brains. 外界事物作用于我们的感官,在我们的头脑中形成印象。
奉行; 按照…而行动 do what is suggested; follow
Acting on information from a member of the public, the police raided the club. 警察根据一个老百姓的报告,突然搜查了这家俱乐部。
Acting on your recommendation, they have decided to make a trip to Guilin. 根据你的建议,他们决定到桂林一游。
He suggested what I should do and I acted on his advice. 他建议我做什么,我就做什么。
I acted upon my own judgement. 我按照自己的判断行事。
If what he proposes will benefit the people, we will act upon it. 如果他的建议对人民有利,我们就照办。
She acted on our suggestion. 她按照我们的建议做了。
The lawyer will act on your instructions. 律师将会照你的指示行事。
The police are acting on information received. 警方正根据获得的情报采取行动。
Why didn't you act on her suggestion? 你为什么没有按照她的建议去做呢？
Mind acts upon mind. 心照不宣〔心心相印〕。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Such views, however, are not to be acted upon but to be criticized. 反之,这样的意见不但不该遵从,而且应受到批评。
The order must be acted on by soldiers. 命令必须由士兵执行。
If my advice had been acted upon, he would not have made that mistake. 他要是听了我的劝告,也不会犯那个错误了。
If my advice had been acted upon, the firm would not have gone bankrupt. 如果我的建议被采纳,公司就不会破产。
(立即)行动(尤指处理紧急情况)do sth immediately, especially in order to deal with an urgent problem
I'm acting on the deal with an urgent problem. 我正在处理紧急问题。
- 对…起作用; 对…有功效 have an effect〔influence〕 on; take action as a result of advice, information, etc.
- act out( v.+adv. )
演出,表演 play a role on the stage
Everybody roared when he acted out the speech. 当他把这段演讲表演出来时人们哄堂大笑。
He acted out all that had happened to him. 他活灵活现地表演出他所遇到的事情。
He tried to act out the story he had read. 他想把他读过的那篇小说搬上舞台。
The children started to act out the whole incident. 孩子们开始表演整个事件。
The teacher asked the students to learn the dialogue by heart and act it out in pairs the next day. 老师要求学生熟记那对话并在第二天两人一组把它表演出来。
He got out his knife and acted out cutting into the bag. 他掏出刀子,比比划划地做着割睡袋的样子。
He got out his gun and acted out shooting at him. 他拿出枪,比划着朝他开枪。
实行,实现 put into action; express in actions and behaviour, rather than in words
Please act out your dreams immediately. 请马上行动实现你这些梦想吧!
They actually acted out their ideal. 他们确实把自己的理想变成了行动。
There is a chance to act out one's fantasies. 有一个将幻想付诸行动的机会。
履行(仪式); 将…表演出来 perform a ceremony or show how sth happened, as if performing a play
The ritual of the party conference is acted out in the same way every year. 该党的大会程序年年照例执行。
The scenarios that the trainees act out are videotaped. 实习生演示的情景被录了下来。
充当(真实情况中的角色) act a part in a real situation
She acted out the role of the wronged lover. 她扮作一个受冤枉的情人。
(用言辞或行动)将(想法或情感)表达出来 express your thoughts or behaviour
He was acting out his feelings of inferiority by being overly aggressive. 他通过过于暴躁好斗的行为来宣泄自卑感。
- 演出,表演 play a role on the stage
- act to( v.+prep. )
对待 treat to act to sb
He acts kindly to old people and children.他对老年人和小孩很友善。
She was wondering how to act to her superior.她想知道怎样对待她的上司。
Indeed, she acted like a mother to us.她待我真像妈妈一样。
- 对待 treat to act to sb
- act up( v.+adv. )
行动倔强,任性 behave in an unruly or capricious manner
I'm sorry my boy was acting up in your house yesterday. 很抱歉,我的儿子昨天在你家里胡乱闹。
The kids started acting up. 孩子们开始调皮起来。
He told the naughty boy to stop acting up. 他叫那个顽皮的男孩不要再捣蛋。
The children have been acting up all day, and I'm exhausted. 这个孩子闹了一天,把我弄得筋疲力尽。
(机器等)功能失常 (a machine, etc.) function improperly
The car's engine is beginning to act up. 这辆车的引擎开始出毛病了。
This old car is always acting up. 那辆旧汽车老是坏。
How long has your ankle been acting up? 你的脚踝受伤多久？
炫耀,故意惹人注意 show off
The kid is acting up for our attention. 孩子正在做各种动作来吸引我们注意。
Her five-year-old daughter likes to act up before the visitors. 她那五岁的小女儿喜欢在客人面前逞能。
Instead of acting on the stage she started acting up. 她不是在台上演戏,简直是在卖弄了。
(病痛等)复发 (a physical infirmity, etc.) become active after being quiescent
I hope my back doesn't start acting up again . 希望我的背不会又开始出毛病。
His arthritis began to act up again. 他的关节炎又开始发作了。
The river often acted up in those days. 那时这条河常常泛滥。
作出适当反应 respond appropriately
The question was so unexpected that, for a moment, she was at a loss how to act up properly. 问题来得这么突然,她一时不知道如何作出恰当的反应。
When the chaps tease him, he doesn't know how to act up. 当小伙子们取笑他时,他不知如何是好。
- 行动倔强,任性 behave in an unruly or capricious manner
- act up to( v.+adv.+prep. )
实行,履行,遵守 put into practice; behave in such a way that one's actions are in accord with expectations, a promise, one's reputation, etc. act up to sth
He always acted up to the principle he set for himself.他总是遵循自己所定的原则。
I hope that he will act up to his promise.我希望他会履行他的诺言。
You must act up to the contract between us.你们必须履行我们之间的这个合同。
What you say means very little unless you act up to it.你要是说而不做,你的话就没有多大意思了。
- 实行,履行,遵守 put into practice; behave in such a way that one's actions are in accord with expectations, a promise, one's reputation, etc. act up to sth
- act up with( v.+adv.+prep. )
对…无礼 behave in an unruly or capricious manner with sb act up with sb
The boy often acts up with his mother when she keeps him from smoking.遇到他妈妈禁止他吸烟时,那个男孩经常对妈妈粗暴无礼。
The young herdsman briskly mounted a horse that was inclined to act up with an unaccustomed rider.年轻牧民轻快地跃上一匹惯于对生人使性子的马。
The lad is fond of acting up with him.男孩爱跟他捣蛋。
- 对…无礼 behave in an unruly or capricious manner with sb act up with sb
- act a part
扮演一个角色 represent; perform, especially on the stage
He acted a part in Othello . 他在《奥赛罗》中扮演了一个角色。
Philip Schofield acted the part of Joseph. 菲力普·斯科菲尔德扮演约瑟夫一角。
装腔作势 behave so as to seem good, true, etc.
He walked as if nothing had happened to his leg, but everyone could see that he was merely acting a part. 虽然他走路时腿好像没有什么毛病,但是大家都看得出来他是装的。
She smiled cheerfully, but I knew she was only acting a part. 她愉快地笑了,但是我知道那不过是装样子。
具有…功能 have a natural or usual duty
This chemical acts a part of an acid in our experiment. 这种化学药品在我们的试验中起酸的作用。
- 扮演一个角色 represent; perform, especially on the stage
- act the fool
装疯卖傻; 瞎胡闹play the fool
He acted the fool so often that everyone got sick and tired of him. 他常常装疯卖傻,弄得人人都讨厌他。
Some people act the fool now and then. 有些人时常装傻。
The woman just acted the fool. 那个妇女只是装疯卖傻。
Stop acting the fool! 别装傻了!
- 装疯卖傻; 瞎胡闹play the fool
- appreciate an act of kindness 感激仁慈行为
- commit a rash act 轻举妄动
- commit an act of war against 对…采取战争行动
- commend an act of charity 称赞慈善行为
- do another noble act 做另一件高尚的事
- do many acts of kindness 做许多善事
- do wrongful acts 为非作歹
- get into the act 插手,参与,参加
- have no act in 没有参与
- pass an act 通过法案,使法案成立
- perform a plucky act 作出勇敢的举动
- play the baby act 作出幼稚的举动
- practise an act 练习一个动作
- praise an act of charity 颂扬善行
- put on an act 装模作样
- aggressive act 侵略行径
- amendable act 修正法
- amusing act 有趣的表演
- arbitrary act 独断专行
- atrocious act 粗暴的行为
- authenticated act 决议书; 认证的协议
- barbaric act 野蛮行径
- barbarous act 野蛮行径
- beneficent act 慈善之举
- benevolent act 仁慈的举动
- brave act 勇敢的行为
- brutal act 兽行
- childish act 幼稚的举动
- churlish act 粗暴的举动
- cogitative act 深思熟虑的举动
- compromising act 妥协方案
- compulsive act 冲动的行为
- conscientious act 谨慎认真的举动
- conspicuous act 惹人注目的行为
- courageous act 勇敢的行为
- covert act 隐蔽的行动
- cowardly act 怯懦的行为
- craven act 怯懦的行为
- creative act 创造性之举
- criminal act 犯罪行为
- crowning act 至高无上的行为
- cruel act 残忍的行为
- daring act 大胆的行动
- dastardly act 卑劣的行为
- dauntless act 大无畏的行动
- decisive act 断然行动
- defensible act 防御行动
- derisive act 幼稚可笑的举动
- detestable act 可恶的行为
- disadvantageous act 不利的举动
- disdainful act 轻蔑的举动
- disgraceful act 不光彩的行为
- dishonorable act 无耻的行为
- disinterested act 无偏见的行为
- dreaded act 令人畏惧的行动
- egotistic act 自私的行为
- energetic act 精力旺盛的行为
- exasperating act 令人恼怒的举动
- expressive act 富于表情的表演
- ferocious act 野蛮的举动
- foolhardy act 鲁莽的举动
- foolish act 愚蠢的行为
- generous act 慷慨之举
- governmental act 政府的法案
- graceful act 优雅的举止
- gracious act 恩惠
- hardy act 鲁莽行为,大胆行动
- hazardous act 冒险行动
- heroic act 英雄行为
- high-handed act 高压手段
- horrific act 可怕的行动
- hostile act 敌对行动
- human act 人道的行为
- ignoble act 卑鄙行为
- ignominious act 不光彩的行为
- illegal act 不法行为
- illicit act 违法行动
- illogical act 不合逻辑的行动
- impolitic act 失策之举
- imposing act 给人深刻印象的举动
- impudent act 厚颜无耻的行为
- incongruous act 自相矛盾的举动
- incriminating act 连累别人的行为
- indecent act 下流的行为
- indiscreet act 轻率的行为
- inexpiable act 不能抵偿的罪过,不能赎的罪
- infamous act 伤风败俗的行为
- inopportune act 不合时宜的举动
- instinctive act 本能的行为
- irrevocable act 不可改变的行动
- judicial acts 司法条例
- juridical act 法律行为
- kind act 善举
- laudable act 值得赞许的行为
- laughable act 可笑的行为
- lawless act 违法行为
- loathsome act 令人讨厌的行为
- lugubrious act 故意装出的悲哀举动
- mean act 卑鄙的行为
- meritorious act 值得称赞的行为
- militant act 好战行为
- mischievous act 恶作剧
- monstrous act 可怕的行为
- mutinous act 变节行为,叛变的行为
- needless act 多余的行为
- noble act 高尚的行为
- offensive act 进攻行动
- official act 正式条文,官气十足的举动
- oppressive act 暴虐行为
- overbold act 鲁莽的行动
- overt act 公开的行动
- questionable act 可疑的行为
- rash act 贸然行动,轻率的行动
- reprehensible act 应受谴责的行为
- ritualistic act 遵守仪式的行为
- ruthless act 冷酷的行为
- salutary act 健康的行为
- selfish act 自私的行为
- self-confident act 自信的举动
- servile act 奴性的举动
- sexual act 性行为
- shameful act 可耻的行为
- specific act 特殊的行动
- sublime act 英勇的行为,崇高的行为
- superfluous act 多余的行为
- suspicious act 可疑的行为
- symptomatic act 有征候的病情
- the land-lease act 租借法案
- thoughtful act 体贴的行为
- thoughtless act 轻率的举动
- touching act 动人的一幕
- unauthorized act 越权行为
- unconstitutional act 违反宪法的行为
- unfair act 不公正的行为
- unfeeling act 冷酷的行为
- unfortunate act 使人遗憾的行为
- ungallant act 怯懦的行为
- unknown act 未被发觉的行动
- unpopular act 不得人心的举动
- unremembered act 忘却了的行动
- unspeakable act 不能以言语表达的行为
- unwarrantable act 不正当的行为
- unwise act 不明智的行为
- valiant act 英勇之举
- violent act 狂暴行动
- virtuous act 善良的行动,有功德的事
- voluntary act 自发行动,自愿行为
- vulturous act 贪婪的行为
- well-justified act 充分证明为正当的行动
- well-planned act 周密计划的行动
- wicked act 邪恶的行径
- wilful act 固执行为
- comedy act 喜剧短节目
- dance act 舞蹈短节目
- emergency act 紧急法案
- juggling act 杂耍短节目
- the National Insurance act 国家保险法
- the Security A- 社会安全条例
- the Social Security A- 社会保险条例
- trapeze act 高空秋千短节目
- between act 幕间
- a play in five acts 一出5幕的戏
- in the act 当场,正在动作时
- in the (very) act of 正在…时,当场,在行动过程中
- under act 根据法令
- act of … 的行为
- act of a play 戏剧的一幕
- act of aggression 侵略的行为
- act of audacity 大胆的举动
- act of bravery 勇敢的行为
- A- of bankruptcy 破产法
- act of charity 慈善行为
- act of clemency 宽厚的行为
- A- of Congress 国会法案
- act of disposition 处分行为
- act of execution 执行行为
- act of faith 考验信仰力量的行为
- act of God 天灾,不可抗力
- A- of Grace 大赦令
- act of grace 恩惠
- act of hostility 敌对行为
- act of insulting nature 侮辱性的行为
- act of justice 正义的行为
- act of kindness 慈善行为
- act of law 法律条例
- act of love 友好行为
- act of madness 疯狂行为
- act of Parliament 〈英〉议院的法令
- act of politeness 彬彬有礼的行为
- act of retaliation 报复的行为
- act of terrorism 恐怖行为
- act of thoughtfulness 考虑周到的行动
- act without thought 贸然行事
- act the ass 当蠢人
- act the experienced man 阅历丰富的人
- act the fool 装傻子
- act the idiot 装白痴
- act the lord 装阔
- act the part of Othello 扮演奥赛罗
- act a play 演戏
- act Shakespeare's play 上演莎士比亚戏剧
- act advisably 明智地行动
- act arbitrarily 一意孤行
- act badly 表现不好
- act bravely 表现得英勇
- act cautiously 谨慎地行动
- act contemptibly 行动卑鄙
- act corrosively 起腐蚀作用
- act cowardly in a battle 在战斗中表现怯懦
- act craftily 行动狡猾
- act dastardly 行动卑怯
- act decisively〔manly〕 行动果断
- act deliberately 行动审慎
- act diplomatically 机巧地行事
- act disloyally to 对…行为不忠
- act foolishly 干得很愚蠢
- act generously 表现很慷慨
- act half-heartedly 做事不认真,马虎地行事
- act hastily 仓促地行事
- act ignobly 行为可耻
- act immediately 立即行动
- act indiscreetly 做事轻率
- act judiciously 行动审慎
- act nobly 行为高尚
- act precipitately 行动鲁莽
- act promptly 立即行动
- act prudently 行动审慎
- act rashly 轻举妄动
- act responsibly 负责任地行事
- act rightly 做得对,行为正当
- act selfishly 自私地行动,表现自私
- act sensibly 明智地行动,表现明智
- act squarely and above-board 做事光明正大,正大光明地干
- act unadvisedly 行动欠考虑
- act unexpectedly 出乎意外地行动
- act unwisely 不明智地行动
- act vigorously 采取有力行动
- act warily 谨慎地行动
- act out 扮演,以动作表达
- act out the story of the three bears 表演三只熊的故事
- act out one's troubled feelings 表达出不安的心情
- act up (机器)出毛病,(病情)复发
- act according to 按照…行动
- act according to one's conscience 凭良心办事
- act against advice 不按忠告行事
- act against one's interest 违反自己的兴趣行事
- act against order 违抗命令
- act against rules 违反规则
- act against the will of sb 违反某人的意志行事
- act as 起…作用,扮演,充当
- act as a buffer against... 作为对付…缓冲物
- act as a conductor 担任指挥
- act as a receptionist 当接待员
- act as a spy 充当间谍
- act as barrier 作为障碍
- act as chairman 当主席
- act as go-between 作为中间人
- act as guide 做向导
- act as an umpire 任裁判员,任公断人
- act for 代理,代表…
- act for one's interests 做有利于自己之事
- act from a reason to oneself 出于个人考虑而行事
- act from a sense of duty 凭责任感行事
- act from jealousy 出于妒忌行事
- act from caprice 做事任性
- act from high or low motives 由于高尚或卑鄙的动机而行事
- act from impulse 凭一时冲动行事
- act from instinct 出于本能行事
- act in cold blood 采取冷酷无情的行动; 冷静地采取行动
- act in collusion 一致行动
- act in concert with 与…一致行动
- act in contravention of 违反
- act in coordination 配合行动
- act in good faith 做事清白
- act in self-defence 自卫行动
- act in unison 与…一致行动
- act like 行为像…,表现得像…
- act like a wet blanket 行动使人扫兴
- act like an ostrich 采取鸵鸟政策
- act like one man 像一个人一样一致行动; 齐心协力
- act on〔upon〕 按…行事
- act on a previously-determined plan 按既定计划办
- act on a sudden impulse 凭一时心血来潮而行事
- act on faith 根据信仰行事
- act on impulse 凭一时冲动行事
- act on information received 根据所得到的情报采取行动
- act on mistaken orders 按错误的命令办事
- act on nervous instinct 凭神经性的本能行事
- act on one's knowledge of 根据自己对…的认识行事
- act on one's principles 根据原则行事
- act on previously-determined policy 按既定政策办
- act on sb's advice 按照某人的指点行事
- act on sb's behalf 代表某人行事
- act on sb's request 按照某人的要求行事
- act on the emotions of sb 在某人情绪影响之下行事
- act on the idea 按照这个意见行动
- act on the spirits of 发扬…精神
- act on the suggestions made by... 根据…的建议办事
- act on wrong views 按错误的观点办事
- act out of kindness 行动出于善行
- act out of pity 出于同情而做
- act out of spleen 出于愤恨而行动
- act through sb 通过(谁)而行事
- act to the best of my judgement 竭力按照我的判断行事
- act under 在…情况下行动
- act under compulsion 被迫去做
- act up 表现不好; 行为不良; (机器)出毛病; 作弄; 开玩笑; (旧病)复发; 恶化
- act up to one's ideal 遵照某人的理想办事
- act up to promise 履行诺言
- act up to one's reputation 做符合某人声望的事
- act with extreme caution 极其谨慎地行事
- act with great composure 泰然自若地行事
- act with the most perfect sense 极为通情达理地行事
- act with vigour 办事精力充沛
- act without any thought of the consequence 做事不考虑后果
- act without a plan 盲目行事,胡搞,胡来
- act without thinking 轻率行事
Victorious deeds Flam'd in my heart, heroic acts.出自：Milton
Had Satan been able to have acted anything by force.出自：Defoe
- act与action 的区别：act指短暂，简单的动作，而action指持续，复杂的动作。使用act of cruelty,act of kindness,act of madness时（后都是接of和抽象名词）只用act,不用action。cruel act(ion),foolish act(ion)等，均是前面用形容词，更惯于使用action。act比action具体，action比act抽象，如in word and act中word与act均是具体的，in speech and action中，speech与action都属抽象的；
- act the hero (装出英雄气概），act the child (做出儿童模样）等表达方式里多用the,而不用a；
At first he was a little shy in class, but now he acts more natural.
Even elephants have been known to act dead.
- act的基本意思是“行为,行动”,指时间较短的具体的“行为”,此行为可以由个人、群体或不具人格的实体来完成,而且不受动机、性质或结果的限制,具有单一性及完满性。act 也可用于和思想或言语相对照的“行动”。
- act, action, deed, operation
这组词的共同意思是“行为”。其区别是：1.act和action常可替换,但act多指短暂的、单一的、个人的、具体的行为,强调后果; 而action多指时间较长、过程较复杂的持续动作或行为,有时也指抽象的行动,强调过程。deed指比较复杂或业已完成的行为,多指伟大的、感人的行为; operation常指几个工作的组合。2.act和deed是可数名词; action常用作可数名词,有时用作不可数名词; operation可用作可数名词或不可数名词。3.act和operation是一般用词; action是较正式用词; deed是正式用词。
- act, act out
它们的共同意思是“表演”,其区别在于:1.act的宾语一般是戏剧或角色, act out的宾语则可以是故事、对话等。2.act out更强调把内容、情感、思想等用动作而不是用语言表现出来。
- act as, act on
这两个短语都可译作“起作用”,但含义并不相同, act as是“以…身份而起作用”; act on是“对…起作用”。也就是说act as的宾语是“起作用”的主体; 而act on的宾语则是“作用”客体。
- act as, act for
这两个短语意思有些相近,但并不相同,其区别在于:1.act as后接表示职务的名词,而act for后多接人称代词,而少接职务名词。2.act as强调的是职务,而act for强调的是所代替的人。3.带有act for句中的职务是临时的; 而act as后接的职务既可是临时的,又可是长期的。4.act as后接职务的是一个人,而担任act for句中的职务者有两个人,其中for后的人是正式的,长期的, act的逻辑的主体则是代理的,临时的。5.act as后接的(职务)名词前往往省略冠词; 而act for后接的名词一般情况下有the。
- act as, act like
它们并非同义短语,后者只是一种自由搭配。它们的区别很明显:前者的意思是“是”,后者的意思是“像(而不是)”。另外, as后常省略冠词,而like后则多用冠词。再有, as短语一般看作主语补语(表示主语身份),而like短语一般看作方式状语。
- act as, serve as
这两个短语都可表示“充任,担任”。其区别是：serve as多指长期供职; 而act as所指时间则相对较短。试比较:
- He serves as manager and interpreter.
- She will act as my guide tomorrow.
- act the fool, act like a fool
- act, behave
这两个词的共同意思是“做”,在很多场合下可以互换。其区别是：1.act强调采取行动; 而behave强调人的行为是否符合某种行为标准,如道德或礼貌等。2.act作“做”解时是不及物动词; 而除用作不及物动词外,还可用作及物动词,跟反身代词。
- act, perform
这两个词的共同意思是“演出”,常可互换。例如:Who is acting〔performing〕 the part of the main hero in the play?谁在扮演剧中的主角?They acted〔performed〕 well.他们演得很好。它们之间的区别是:1.act强调的是“扮演(某角色)”; perform强调的是“表演(给人看)”,后者更侧重于表演的能力,技巧或效果。2.act指戏剧、电影,而perform除指戏剧电影外,还包括器乐演奏及舞蹈等。3.act的主语通常是人,而perform还可以是动物等。
- act action deed operation performance
- law constitution regulation code rule act
- ☆ 14世纪晚期入进英语，直接源自古法语的acte；最初源自拉丁语的agere，意为做，驱使。
- n.(名词) accomplishment achievement action deed exploit feat move performance step bill degree edict law measure official decision ordinance resolution statute main division of a play short performance routine segment of play fake pose pretense
- v.(动词) commit oneself do it do execute function move operate perform press on put forth behave comport oneself work enact impersonate play represent
- acting n. 表演; 演戏
- act:（一）ACT是一种考试的简称 ACT考试与SAT考试均被称为“美国高考”，它们既是美国大学的入学条件之一，又是大学发放奖学金的主要依据之一及对学生综合能力的测试标准。ACT考试和SAT类似，它的全称…