- Os acromiale is a rare predisposing factor of shoulder impingement syndrome.
- An anterior acromial approach is recommended for antegrade humeral nailing.
- Coracoid and acromial fractures were noted.Open reduction and internal fixation were performed.
- Here, we report a 77-year-old man found to have os acromiale associated with impingement of infraspinatus muscle and tendon which was well demonstrated on magnetic resonance (MR) imaging.
- Conclusion It may devise a new operation for repairing non-unions of the clavicular acromial end with partial clavicular bone flap pedicled with the clavicular part of greater pectoral muscle.