- a chromosome with the centromere near one end so that one chromosomal arm is short and one is long
- Y chromosome has two types of polymorphism:metacentric (or submetacentric) and acrocentric chromosomes.
- Ag-stained associated acrocentric chromosome
- Among 31 pairs of autosomes, of which 13 pairs were met centric or submetacentric and 18 pairs acrocentric chromosomes, X chromosome was larger submetacentric chromosome and Y was the smallest acrocentric chromosome.
32对染色体中,31对常染色体,1对性 染色体; 常染色体中,13对为亚中和中着丝粒染色体,18对为端着丝粒染色体;
- The numbers of the chromosomes are 33, 32 or 31 for the male and 32, 31 or 30 for the female respectively. This difference may be caused by the X-autosome translocation and by a centric fusion between the two pairs of acrocentric chromosomes.
该种雄性染色体为 33、32或 31,雌性为 32、31或30 ,这种差异可能是由于染色体间融合和易位所致。
- Methods: Karyotype and satellite associations in acrocentric chromosomes of peripheral blood in 132 cases with unexplained recurrent abortions and in 98 as normal control were analysed by routine chromosomal methed and G-banding technique.