- Acrimonious debate in Brussels reflects hard choices at the national level.
- The Kremlin's Security Council ended months of acrimonious debate on Thursday and backed cuts of some 600,000 people over five years.
- The question of whether modern humans made love or war with our ancestors has swung back and forth over decades of often acrimonious debate.
- Their endeavors are viewed with suspicion by many scholars here as part of an increasingly acrimonious debate over the role of Sanskrit in schools and society.
- After many meetings, much soul-searching and a lot of acrimonious debate, various synagogue groups in the most liberal denominations and Jewish civic organizations decided to reverse their approach.