- vt. 宣告…无罪 state officially that sb is not guilty of the crime they were accused of
- vt. 使自己履行 conduct (oneself) in a specified manner
- pronounce not guilty of criminal charges;
"The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- behave in a certain manner;
"She carried herself well"
"he bore himself with dignity"
"They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- He was acquitted of the crime.
- They tried to bribe the judge to acquit them.
- Will the court acquit him of the crime?
- I acquit Edward of all essential misconduct.
- He acquitted himself like a hero.
The jury acquitted him.
The jury acquitted him of murder.
The jury acquitted her of theft.
The jury acquitted her of all charges.
A Hong Kong court acquitted Graham Sykes and five associates of fraud charges.
He acquitted himself like a veteran.
He acquitted himself to his credit.
She was acquitted.
He was acquitted of the crime.
Both defendants were acquitted.
Five months ago she was acquitted on a shoplifting charge.
He was eventually acquitted of the charges.
He was acquitted on two of the charges.
He was acquitted on the charge of murder but convicted of manslaughter.
- acquit oneself well〔badly, etc.〕
〈正〉表现好(或坏等)perform or behave well, badly, etc.
She acquitted herself well in her job. 她工作中表现很好。
She acquitted herself well in the meeting. 她在会上表现良好。
She acquitted herself well in job interview. 她在对求职者的面试中表现很好。
He acquitted himself bravely. 他表现得很勇敢。
She was interviewed on the radio but acquitted herself rather badly. 她接受了电台采访,但是表现得相当糟。
The contestants acquitted themselves very ably. 选手们都表现得很棒。
Mary acquitted herself admirably at the dance. 玛丽在舞会上表现得好极了。
The soldiers acquitted themselves bravely in battle. 战士们在战斗中表现英勇。
John acquitted himself admirably in conversation. 约翰在交谈中表现极佳。
One should acquit oneself creditably in life. 人生处世为人,必须光明正直,赢得称颂。
He acquitted himself brilliantly in the exams. 他在考试中表现出色。
I thought that he acquitted himself admirably in today's meeting. 我认为他在今天的会议上表现得非常出色。
- 〈正〉表现好(或坏等)perform or behave well, badly, etc.
- acquit a person of his responsibility 免除某人的现职
- acquit oneself creditable in social and business performances 处世立身表现得令人信赖
- acquit oneself manfully 表现得有大丈夫气概
- acquit的基本意思是“宣告…无罪”,是及物动词,以被宣告无罪的人作直接宾语,而被指控的罪名则由短语“of...”或“on...charge”“on the charge of...”表示。可用于被动结构。
- acquit, behave, conduct, demean
这组词都可表示“检点,守规矩”。它们的区别在于:behave常通过修饰语表达各种各样的言和行; conduct则强调举止有度,符合要求、意愿等; demean表示“与…相称,得体”,有时有“降低身份”的意思; acquit的宾语常是反身代词,多用于令人赞叹或令人满意的行为举止。
- set free释放
- cleanse使 ... 清洁
- justify替 ... 辩护
- acquit:acquit vt. 宣告无罪, 脱卸义务和责任, 还清(债务) 英英解释:动词acquit:1. pronounce not guilty of criminal charges同义词：assoil…