- French naturalist who proposed that evolution resulted from the inheritance of acquired characteristics (1744-1829).
- Constitution is the whole of an individuals inherited and acquired characteristics.
- The theory that all heritable characteristics arise in the germ plasm and that acquired characteristics cannot be inherited.
- Weismann and Wallace rejected the Lamarckian idea of inheritance of acquired characteristics, something that Darwin had not ruled out.
- inheritance of acquired characteristics
- life habits and acquired characteristics