- [C]熟人 a person that you know but who is not a close friend
- [U][C]〈正〉了解 knowledge of sth; know-ledge obtained through personal experience rather than careful study
- personal knowledge or information about someone or something
- a relationship less intimate than friendship
- a person with whom you are acquainted;
"I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"
"we are friends of the family"
- He is not a friend of mine, only an acquaintance.
- I made his acquaintance at a party.
- Their acquaintance was of long standing.
- He has only a limited acquaintance with the matter.
- Upon further acquaintance I found him a good youth.
He hope their acquaintance would develop further.
The acquaintances were unworthy of her.
He is not a friend, only an acquaintance.
“Is he a friend of yours?”“No, just an acquaintance.”
He is just a business acquaintance.
We talked as if we were old acquaintances.
He is an old acquaintance of mine.
My husband's cousin is an acquaintance of Lord Northcliffe.
We are casual acquaintances of a long railway journey.
We are only casual acquaintances.
She has a large acquaintance.
We have many acquaintances in our neighbourhood.
He has a lot of business acquaintances but very few real friends.
I made some most agreeable acquaintances.
He doesn't want to cultivate her acquaintance.
We continued our acquaintance for years.
Many people sought his acquaintance.
He recognized Mr. Hunter as an old business acquaintance from his years in banking.
No one in their entire acquaintance smokes.
He's one of my acquaintances.
He is a man of wide acquaintance.
Claire has a wide circle of friends and acquaintances.
They married on brief acquaintance.
At least a nodding acquaintance with physics was essential.
My acquaintance with his works is slight.
Sadly, my acquaintance with Spanish literature is limited.
I have a nodding acquaintance with her.
I have struck up an acquaintance with him.
I still keep up my acquaintance with him.
He has gained acquaintance with it.
I'm afraid I have only a passing acquaintance with his works.
I resumed acquaintance with Guangzhou after an absence of 13 years.
I have a bowing acquaintance with German literature.
He lacks a first-hand acquaintance with the country.
He has only a limited acquaintance with the matter.
He has some acquaintance with German, but doesn't speak it fluently.
He has some acquaintance with statistics.
He has widened his acquaintance with literature.
I had some acquaintance with the subject.
We should enlarge our acquaintance with foreign countries.
Few American schoolboys escaped acquaintance with The Adventures of Tom Sawyer .
He got the job through his acquaintance with the President.
- make sb's acquaintance〔make the acquaintance of〕
与某人初次见面 meet sb for the first time
I am delighted to make your acquaintance,Mrs. Baker. 贝克太太,我很高兴与你相识。
I'd been looking forward to making her acquaintance for a long time. 我很久以来一直盼望着与她结识。
I made her acquaintance in Beijing. 我与她在北京结识。
It was at the Mapstone's party that I first made his acquaintance. 我是在迈普斯顿的聚会上初次与他相识的。
When did you make the acquaintance of his brother? 你是什么时候认识他兄弟的?
I made the acquaintance of several musicians around that time. 大约在那段时间,我结识了几位音乐家。
That evening he made the acquaintance of the young actress. 他在那个晚上结识了那位年轻的女演员。
- 与某人初次见面 meet sb for the first time
- of sb's acquaintance
所认识的,所了解的 that sb knows
I was wondering which men of my acquaintance she might be interested in. 我想知道她可能会对我认识的哪一些男人感兴趣。
No one else of my acquaintance was as rich or successful. 我所认识的人当中,没有一个人如此富有或成功。
- 所认识的,所了解的 that sb knows
- on first acquaintance
初次相见时 when you first meet sb
Even on first acquaintance it was clear that he was not “the right type”. 初次见面就看出他显然不是“对路子的人”。
- 初次相见时 when you first meet sb
- on closer〔further〕 acquaintance
经过进一步了解 when known for a (longer) period of time
On closer acquaintance, he proved to be a nice man. 对他进一步的了解证明他是一个挺不错的人。
On closer acquaintance I found him a gentleman in the true sense of the word. 进一步熟悉之后,我发现他是一位名副其实的君子。
Her manner seemed unpleasant at first, but she improved on further acquaintance. 起初她的举止让人很不愉快,但是经过进一步接触她改了许多。
I wasn't sure about Darryl when I first met her, but on further acquaintance I rather like her. 刚认识达里尔时,我对她并没有把握,但在进一步了解中我却相当喜欢她。
- 经过进一步了解 when known for a (longer) period of time
- cultivate sb's acquaintance 刻意结交某人
- cut one's acquaintance 与某人绝交
- drop one's acquaintance 与某人绝交
- establish an acquaintance with sb 结识某人
- form an acquaintance with sb 结识某人
- make the acquaintance of sb 与某人初次见面
- renew one's acquaintance with sb 重新与某人交往
- scrape an acquaintance with sb 硬要与某人交友
- seek the acquaintance of sb 设法结交某人
- adequate acquaintance 充分了解
- agreeable acquaintance 令人愉快的相识
- bowing acquaintance 点头之交
- casual acquaintance 泛泛之交
- close acquaintance 知己
- entire acquaintance 整个熟人圈
- further acquaintance 进一步的了解
- general acquaintance 一般性的了解
- intimate acquaintance 非常熟悉
- large acquaintance 交游广泛
- limited acquaintance 不甚了解
- new acquaintance 新交,初交
- nodding acquaintance 点头之交
- old acquaintance 老相识
- passing acquaintance 偶然结识的人
- personal acquaintance 个人的相识
- profound acquaintance 透彻了解
- recent acquaintance 新朋友
- slight acquaintance 仅仅相识
- speaking acquaintance 泛泛之交
- superficial acquaintance 肤浅了解
- thorough acquaintance 彻底了解
- undesirable acquaintance 不受欢迎的朋友
- wide acquaintance 交游广泛
- acquaintance, familiarity
- person slightly known distant friend friendship relationship association dealings awareness familiarity knowledge
- acquaintanceship n. 相识；相熟
- acquaintance:acquaintance n. 相识, 熟人 英英解释:名词acquaintance:1. personal knowledge or information about someone or som…