- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of
- report the receipt of
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with
- express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- accept as legally binding and valid
- accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- He walked right past me without even acknowledging me.
- The country acknowledged his claim to the throne.
- It is a great relief to allow us ourselves the luxury of acknowledging our human frailties.