- vt. 承认 accept or admit that sth exists, is true, or is real
- vt. 告知收到 tell sb that you have received sth that they sent to you
- vt. 致意 show that you have noticed by smiling, waving, etc.
- vt. 感谢 publicly express thanks for help you have been given
- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of;
"He admitted his errors"
"She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- report the receipt of;
"The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with;
"He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"
"She acknowledged his complement with a smile"
"it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for;
"We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
- accept as legally binding and valid;
"acknowledge the deed"
- accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority;
"The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
"We do not recognize your gods"
- We acknowledged the need for reform.
- Please acknowledge this cheque as soon as you receive it.
- We hope you can acknowledge your mistake in public.
- We are sending you some money in acknowledgement of your valuable help.
He acknowledged his own faults.
He acknowledges his belief in God.
The terrorists refused to acknowledge the court.
She refuses to acknowledge the need for reform.
The state acknowledged the justice of their cause.
The country acknowledged his claim to the throne.
As soon as the results of the vote were announced the Prime Minister acknowledged defeat.
Please acknowledge receipt of this letter.
The Colonel heard his Operations Officer acknowledge the message.
Unfortunately, we cannot acknowledge all the letters we receive.
We must acknowledge (receipt of) his letter.
We will acknowledge receipt of your order if requested.
The president stood up to acknowledge the cheers of the crowd.
She stood back and acknowledged the applause of the crowd.
They barely acknowledge each other in public.
She walked right past me without even acknowledging me.
I met him in town but he didn't even acknowledge me.
He never even bothered to acknowledge her presence.
James acknowledged his lawyer's presence with a small nod.
We should always acknowledge gifts promptly.
I gratefully acknowledge financial support from several local businesses.
The producer wishes to acknowledge the assistance of the Los Angeles Police Department in the making of this film.
We gratefully acknowledge the contributions of everyone who helped us.
We must not fail to acknowledge his services to the town.
We must acknowledge his services to our company.
I pushed a drink toward him; he acknow-ledge it, but continued talking.
All applications will be acknowledged.
Ade acknowledged cheating in the examination.
They acknowledged having been frightened.
They acknowledged having been defeated.
He grudgingly acknowledged having made a mistake.
He grudgingly acknowledged that he had made a mistake.
He refused to acknowledge that he had done wrong.
Most of the people will now acknowledge that there is a crisis.
She acknowledged to us that she was to blame.
They acknowledged to us that they had gone wrong.
I acknowledged him as my superior.
She acknowledged him as her heir.
Mary intended to acknowledge him as her son.
Cage acknowledged herself as criminal.
I acknowledge it (to be) true.
They acknowledged themselves (to be) defeated.
They had all acknowledged him expert.
They didn't acknowledge him master.
He acknowledged himself beaten.
She acknowledged herself puzzled.
They acknowledged Peter (to be) the best player in the football team.
You must acknowledge your defeat as your complete.
She is acknowledged as an expert on the subject.
Edwin Lawrence Godkin was acknow-ledged as America's finest editorial writer.
Wimbledon is widely acknowledged as being the premier tennis tournament.
Harry was acknowledged (to be) the cleverest boy in the class.
He is widely acknowledged to be the best player in the world.
It is generally acknowledged to be true.
- acknowledge a favour 感谢一次帮助
- acknowledge defeat 承认失败
- acknowledge one's belief 承认信仰
- acknowledge one's fault 认错,赔不是
- acknowledge one's help 感谢某人的帮助
- acknowledge one's mistake 认错
- acknowledge one's politeness 向…鞠躬还礼
- acknowledge one's presence 证明某人在场
- acknowledge sb's financial assistance 感谢某人的经济援助
- acknowledge sb's greeting with a smile 以微笑来向某人还礼
- acknowledge sb's right to vote 承认某人有选举权
- acknowledge sb's service 感谢某人的服务
- acknowledge the cheers of the crowd 感谢众人的欢呼
- acknowledge the receipt of a letter 告知来函收悉
- acknowledge the truth of argument 证明辩论的真实性
- acknowledge appreciatively 感激地承认
- acknowledge cheerfully 欢快地承认
- acknowledge courageously 勇敢地承认
- acknowledge generally 一般地承认
- acknowledge gladly 欣然承认
- acknowledge gratefully 由衷地感谢
- acknowledge grudgingly 勉强地承认
- acknowledge handsomely 大方地承认
- acknowledge openly 公开承认
- acknowledge promptly 立即致谢
- acknowledge tacitly 默认
- acknowledge thankfully 由衷地感谢
- acknowledge universally 普遍承认
They acknowledged him to be the true God.出自：Bible (AV): Wisdom
I acknowledge the Furies, I believe in them.出自：T. Dreiser
- acknowledge的基本意思是“承认”,这包含两种意思:一是承认某事属实,即把已经隐瞒或可以隐瞒的事情公开,如承认错误等; 二是承认权威或地位,即明确或正式承认某些原则具有约束力,某些要求具有合法性或接受某人为其统治者等。acknowledge还可以指“注意到”,多用于正式书信的开头表示“告知收到(信件、礼物等)”。acknowledge还可以表示以微笑或挥手等方式“ 跟…打招呼”。
- acknowledge是及物动词,既可接名词、动名词、that从句作宾语,也可接以“(to be)+ n./adj./v -ed”或“as+ n. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。
- acknowledge, admit, confess, own
这四个词都有“公开承认”的意思。其区别是：1.acknowledge和admit所承认的是不对的或不光彩的事实; confess指承认“错误及罪行”; own承认的不一定是“错误及罪行”,只是一般地表明自己的感觉及处境。例如:He acknowledged that he was your inferior.他承认他不及你。Did he admit to stealing it?他承认是他偷的吗?He confessed where he had hidden the money.他供出了他藏钱的地方。2.acknowledge强调在一定压力下承认, admit强调勉强承认。例如:Dan acknowledged himself as criminal.达恩承认自己是罪人。I admit to a natural fear.我承认生来胆小。3.acknowledge所承认的一般是隐蔽的, admit, confess和own所承认的不一定是隐蔽的。例如:Jane acknowledged using her father's motor-car.珍妮承认用了她父亲的摩托车。They admitted my statement to be reasonable.他们承认我的陈述有道理。The police have confessed themselves completely puzzled by this strange crime.警方承认他们完全被这桩奇特的罪案搞糊涂了。4.confess语气上较强,属正式语体; own则不如confess正式。5.这四个词用作及物动词时,都可接简单宾语或复合宾语,除own外,其他词均可接动名词。admit, confess和own用作不及物动词都可与介词to搭配,其后均可接动名词。例如:They acknowledged having been defeated.他们认输了。He confessed taking part in a plot to free the prisoner.他供认自己参与了企图营救那个囚犯的密谋。She admitted having done wrong.她承认自己做错了。
- acknowledge, recognize
这两个词都有“承认”的意思,常可互换使用。其区别是：1.recognize一般指认可某一现象存在; acknowledge一般指承认某一事件真实。2.recognize还可指“承认”某一国家具有合法性; acknowledge还可指在一定压力下向大家公开承认某件隐私或不光彩的事实。3.recognize还有“认出,认识到”的意思; acknowledge还可表示“感谢”。
- ☆ 1550左右进入英语，直接源自中古英语的knowledgen，意为知道。
- recognize extend cognizance to take notice of call upon call upon to speak call upon to vote recognize accept admit own up to confess allow grant concede yield assent respond to reply to answer express appreciation for think for
- acknowledgement n. 承认; 感谢
- acknowledges:acknowledge vt. 承认, 答谢, 报偿 英英解释:动词acknowledge:1. declare to be true or admit the existence or realit…