- Ensure that substrate is mechanically scarified or acid etched prior to primer.
- If concrete is heavily troweled (smooth/tight) surface may need to be acid etched.
- Both finishes are equally corrosion resistant and they all give better corrosion resistance than bead blasting or acid etch.
- Methods Thirty teeth were prepared and divided into three groups.One group was air abraded and was acid etched, another one was air abraded, and the other one was acid etched.
- Visual inspection, SEM/EDS, XRD, oxalic acid etch test, oil extraction technique and oil composition analysis were undertaken determine the causes of the failed valve.