United States statesman who promoted the Marshall Plan and helped establish NATO (1893-1971)
- "If you don't know, don't take the risk," Acheson said.
- "This is not saying that anybody was absolved," Acheson said.
- They are the supporters of what Acheson calls "democratic individualism".
- At the close of World War II, Acheson was serving as Under Secretary of State.
- Acheson’s speech, Truman was known as “the prelude to the Marshall Plan.
- Acheson begins his Letter of Transmittal to Truman with the story of how he compiled the White Paper.