- Acetate starch was synthesized by using starch as base, the glacial acetate acid and acetic anhydride as acetylating agent, and H2SO4 as catalyst.
- The chemical structure of the acetate starch was characterized by using IR spectrum.The degree of substitution (DS) and the content of acetyl of the products were determined.
- Keywords cassava starch;acetated starch;esterification;catalysts;substitution degree;
- Sugar and starch are broken down in the stomach.
- An edible starch made from these plants.