- A method for the determination of 6 - bromo - 2 - naphthol and 2 - naphthol is described.
- A fast and convenient analytical technique was suggested to detect naphthol isomers directly and simultaneously.
- Several prpduction methods, market demand and development of 2 - naphthol are introduced in this paper.
- The method is based on the catalytic effect of nitrite ion on the oxidation reaction of naphthol green B in a dilute medium.
- The experimental results showed that naphthol is easily oxidized in SCW and its main aromatic residues are o-phthalic acid and benzoic acid.