- [C]A纸牌 a playing card with a large single symbol on it, which has either the highest or the lowest value in a particular card game
- [C]〈非正〉擅长…的人 a person who is very good at doing sth
- [C]发球得分 that is so good that your opponent cannot reach the ball
- 〈非正〉第一流的; 极好的 very good or very skilled; excellent
the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number;
"he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"
"they had lunch at one"
one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II
a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey
a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
of the highest quality;
"an ace reporter"
"a crack shot"
"a first-rate golfer"
"a super party"
"played top-notch tennis"
"an athlete in tiptop condition"
"she is absolutely tops"
succeed at easily;
"She sailed through her exams"
"You will pass with flying colors"
"She nailed her astrophysics course"
score an ace against;
"He aced his opponents"
play (a hole) in one stroke
serve an ace against (someone)
- One die is drawn, rolled once, and comes up ace.
- My brother is a table tennis ace.
- She's an ace at carving.
- An ace is a service which cannot be reached by the opponent with his racket.
- Have you heard their new record? It's ace!
- Highly skilled tennis players can ace their opponents without difficulty.
- Do you know how to ace your examination?
- I will definitely ace this test.
- In card games, the ace often has the highest number of points.
- He was a flying ace in the First World War.
- She served and got an ace.
- He served 15 aces in the match.
- He's an ace at baseball.
- She's an ace at tennis.
- Tom is an ace at cards.
- That's the third ace that Violente has served this match.
- That's an ace bike you've got there.
- We had an ace time.
- Their new record's really ace!
- Their new song is ace!
- an ace up one's sleeve
秘藏的王牌; 应急的妙计; 锦囊妙计a secret or hidden advantage that you can use when you need it
- hold all the aces
〔说明〕 本短语还可说have all the aces。占尽一时地利人和have all the advantages in a situation
- play one's ace
打出王牌; 使出绝招use your best argument, etc., in order to get an advantage in a situation
- within an ace of
〈英·非正〉差一点儿; 几乎 very close to (a condition); almost doing sth, or nearly succeeding in doing it
within an ace of sth
We were within an ace of success.
We came within an ace of victory.
我们差一点儿就要胜利了。within an ace of v-ing
He came within his ace of being run over.
- ace at chess 下国际象棋的能手
- ace at solving puzzles 填字谜的能手
- the ace of clubs 梅花A
- the ace of diamonds 方块A
- the ace of hearts 红心A
- the ace of spades 黑桃A
- within an ace of 离…只差一点儿,几乎
George Bevan's all right. He's an ace.出自： P. G. Wodehouse
- speaker 说话者
- accomplished 完成的
- prime 最好的
- shark 鲨鱼
- wiz 奇才
- 1 one,一
- crack 破裂
- unity 整体
- sweep through 顺利通过
- star 星
- superstar 超级明星
- sail through 轻快地走过,〈口〉顺利地...
- breeze through 轻而易举地完成...
- champion 拥护者
- hotshot 能人
- one 一
- adept 熟练的
- nail 钉子
- whiz 飕飕声
- topnotch <口>一流的
- virtuoso 艺术能手
- first-rate 第一流的
- whizz 飕飕声
- genius 天才
- I 我
- wizard 【C】男巫
- maven <口语> 专家
- Allied Command Europe 欧洲盟军司令部...
- super 超级的
- mavin 专家
- tiptop 绝顶
- single 单一的
- sensation 感觉
- A-one 第一等的
- top-notch 拔尖的
- angiotensin-converting enzyme 血管紧张肽转化酶...
- angiotensin converting enzyme 血管紧张素转换酶, 血管...
- TOPS 最上等的
- fantastic 极好的