- 习惯于 familiar with sth and accepting it as normal or usual
- 〈正〉通常的; 惯常的 usual; regular
(often followed by `to') in the habit of or adapted to;
"accustomed to doing her own work"
"I've grown accustomed to her face"
commonly used or practiced; usual;
"his accustomed thoroughness"
"took his customary morning walk"
"his habitual comment"
"with her wonted candor"
- He was accustomed to command, not to entreat.
- You will soon get accustomed to the climate here.
- I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such responses.
- He is accustom to get up at six.
- She sat in her accustomed place reading.
- The stars will avert their gaze from these men and alter their accustomed course.
- On her face is her accustomed smile.
- He was sitting in his accustomed armchair.
- Things don't run in their accustomed channels.
- This is his accustomed hour to go to bed.
- Pauline went to her accustomed restaurant for lunch.
- He took his accustomed seat by the fire.
- She likes buying food in the accustomed shop.
- He's out of his accustomed walk.
- He drove with his accustomed, casual ease.
- I am accustomed to a spare diet.
- They are accustomed to this sort of work.
- We are accustomed to long march.
- We became accustomed to this place.
- My eyes became accustomed to the dim lighting.
- Are you getting accustomed to the smell?
- You will soon get accustomed to it.
- It takes a while to get accustomed to new surroundings.
- My eyes slowly grew accustomed to the dark.
- He is accustomed to staying late.
- She is accustomed to working late.
- She's accustomed to working hard.
- I'm not accustomed to getting up so early.
- Of course I'm not accustomed to associating with people like you.
- We have got accustomed to living in an air-conditioned room.
- He had become accustomed to living without electricity, and missed it very little.
- The boy was accustomed to having his own way.
- She was a person accustomed to having eight hours' sleep a night.
- I am not accustomed to being interrupted
- I am accustomed to what he always says to me.
- She was not accustomed to be away from home for so long.
- I am accustomed to eat poor food.
- I'm not accustomed to give personal information about myself to strangers.
- The girl is accustomed to have her way.
- She belongs to that sort of people who are accustomed to have their own way.
- Mrs. Babbit was not accustomed to leave home during the winter.
- This was how Beesley was accustomed to refer to his professor.
- He is accustomed to say that English is a useful tool in his work.
- He is accustomed to say that we are the future master of China.
- I was accustomed to take a walk before breakfast.
- We are accustomed to take tea on the terrace.
The accustomed nightingale still broods On her accustomed bough.出自： Shelley
- be accustomed后可接“to+动名词”,也可接动词不定式,其意义无明显差别,只是接“to+动名词”时更强调“习惯于(做)…”,接动词不定式时更强调“习以为常”。
- accustomed, usual
- accustomed为正式用语,作定语时,表示长期如此而养成的习惯,已被别人熟悉和了解,作表语时,可作“习惯于某事”或“习惯于做某事”解; usual作“通常”解,是指在正常事态发展中经常发生而不带任何特异性的因素。
- given to
- in the habit of
- used to
- common place