- a formal charge of wrongdoing brought against a person; the act of imputing blame or guilt
- an assertion that someone is guilty of a fault or offence;
"the newspaper published charges that Jones was guilty of drunken driving"
- His father was under an accusation then.
- The accusation was that he had murdered a man.
- It was frivolous of him to make such an accusation.
- The accusation that I stole the money is false.
- accusation:accusation n. 谴责, [律]指控习惯用语be under an accusation of 受指责, 被控告bring [lodge, lay] an accusationagainst…