- One who is intent on or preoccupied with accumulating money.
- "There is a premium on sharpness of mind and the ability to accumulate money.
- one who is intent on or preoccupied with accumulating money
- I gave him money as an inducement to leave.
- He has established the Buffett Foundation,designed to accumulate money and give it away after his and his wife's deaths--though the foundation has given millions to organizations involved with population control,family planning,abortion,and birth control.
- In America, entrepreneurs accumulate money and then invest in projects -- buy supplies, hire workers and sell products -- that seem likely to give a high return on the original investment.