- vt. 积累; 积聚 gradually get more and more of sth over a period of time
- vi. 累积; 聚积 gradually increase in number or quality over a period of time
- get or gather together;
"I am accumulating evidence for the man's unfaithfulness to his wife"
"She is amassing a lot of data for her thesis"
"She rolled up a small fortune"
- collect or gather;
"Journals are accumulating in my office"
"The work keeps piling up"
- They set out to accumulate a huge mass of data.
- Dust and dirt soon accumulates if a house is not cleaned regularly.
- True poetry accumulates meaning every time it is read.
- However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the zoo felt obliged to investigate.
- Over the years, I had accumulated hundreds of books.
Rubbish accumulates quickly if you don't clear it regularly.
Dust soon accumulates if the rooms are not swept.
A thick layer of dust had accumulated in the room.
Dust accumulated in the empty house.
Dust and cobwebs had accumulated in the house while she was gone.
Snow accumulated on the ground.
If you don't sort out the papers on your desk on a regular basis they just keep on accumulating.
Leaves will accumulate on your lawn if you do not rake them.
Martin had no money for stamps, so the manuscripts accumulated in a heap under the table.
A pile of work accumulated on his desk.
Difficulties accumulated round his path.
His debts accumulated.
Debts began to accumulate.
Little by little his savings accumulated.
Silence accumulated for a while.
However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the Zoo felt obliged to investigate.
Where wealth accumulates, and men decay.
Snow accumulated to a depth of five feet.
Events were rapidly rolling together from every quarter, and accumulating to a crisis.
Unused books accumulated dust.
I've accumulated quite a lot of rare books over the years.
He gradually accumulated an impressive collection of paintings.
They accumulated a large amount of river mud for fertilizer.
We've accumulated so much rubbish over the years.
As people accumulate more wealth, they tend to spend a greater proportion of their incomes.
He accumulated a fortune by buying and selling used cars.
By investing wisely she accumulated a fortune.
By working hard you may accumulate a fortune.
My uncle and aunt accumulated a fortune by saving their money.
He accumulated a fortune in the course of years.
We must accumulate funds for construction.
They set to work accumulating a huge mass of data.
He accumulated invaluable experience in the work of foreign affairs.
Profound knowledge is accumulated little by little.
The company said the debt was accumulated during its acquisition of nine individual businesses.
- accumulate a fortune 积蓄一笔财产
- accumulate a library 集成书库
- accumulate a thick layer of dust 积了厚厚的一层灰
- accumulate books 收藏书籍
- accumulate earth and stones 堆积泥土和石块
- accumulate evidence 收集证据
- accumulate experience 积累经验
- accumulate funds for 为…积累资金
- accumulate knowledge 积累知识
- accumulate materials for a novel 积累写小说的素材
- accumulate strength 积蓄力量
- accumulate wealth 积聚财富
- accumulate wisdom 积聚智慧
- accumulate 通常不以指人的词作宾语,若以指人的词作宾语,则含把人当成物来对待的意味,有贬义。
- accumulate, amass, heap, pile
这四个词都有“堆积”或“积累”的意思,表示“积累财富”的意思时, heap up和amass可互换。其区别是：1.从堆积的高度来看, heap要比pile高。2.从积累的速度和数量上看, amass比accumulate更迅速、更多。3.从使用范围来看, accumulate比其他三词要广,既可用于具体意义,也可用于抽象意义,可以说“积水,积血”,也可以说“积累财富、利息、知识、悲哀、困难、恩德、罪恶、弊病等”; heap也可用于具体意义和抽象意义; amass主要用于抽象意义,如“积聚金钱、资源、知识等”; pile主要用于具体意义,常用于堆积同类的东西,尤其是扁平的东西。
- accumulate amass collect gather heap pile
- ☆ 1520右进左入英语，直接源自拉丁语的accumulatus，意为积聚。
- aggregate assemble collect congregate cumulate gather grow pile up save up store up increase multiply
- accumulation n. 积聚；累积‖accumulative adj. 积聚的；累积的
- accumulate:accumulate v. 积聚, 堆积 英英解释:动词accumulate:1. get or gather together同义词：roll up, collect, pile up, amass…