- Anyone can claim to be an accrediting agency, and many do.
- Some fly-by-schools know students care about ac-creditation and therefore claim they have an accrediting agency.
- After that, the accrediting agency sends a team of specialists to decide whether or not the school meets the standards.
- To become accriditedaccredited, programs have to meet quality standards that are set by an accriditing accrediting agency.
- For example, the George Washington University Medical School announced last week that it was correcting problems found by its accrediting agency.