- a record or narrative description of past events
- a short account of the news
- a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services
- a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
- importance or value
- a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
- the act of informing by verbal report
- an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
- the quality of taking advantage
- be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
- keep an account of
- to give an account or representation of in words
- furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
- Do the firm's accounts balance?
- The auditor began the examination of accounts.
- We must try to systematize the way we do the accounts.
- His accounts of the event were inconsistent.