- But since the accounting frauds of Enron and WorldCom at the beginning of the 21st century, ESO has encountered unprecedented suspicion and heckling.
- The three most common forms of crime are theft, accounting fraud and corruption.
- Due to the increasing regulatory costs and legal liability, we hypothesize that financial reporting would become more conservative after accounting frauds.
- If business news makes the front page, it tends to focus on some new allegation of accounting fraud, insider trading, or misuse of funds.
- Be that as it may, one cannot but admire the US for the resolute and fearless way in which its Government and the courts tackle this wave of accounting frauds, and not sweep them under the carpet.