be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
keep an account of
to give an account or representation of in words
furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
- My bank account is 50 in the red.
- A credit balance of 50 was brought forward from his September account.
- I'll give you 20 on account.
- She/Her account was debited with 50.
- The old hunter accounted for two wolves that night.
- Our anti-aircraft guns accounted for five enemy bombers.
- In English law a man is accounted innocent until he is proved guilty.
- A man is accounted innocent until he is proven guilty.