- 照着; 相应地 in a way that is appropriate to what has been done
- 因此; 所以 for that reason; therefore; so; consequently
- (sentence connectors) because of the reason given;
"consequently, he didn't do it"
"continued to have severe headaches and accordingly returned to the doctor"
- in accordance with;
"she acted accordingly"
- He was asked to leave the city and accordingly he went.
- I have told you the circumstances, so you must act accordingly.
- Just tell us the color and design you have in mind. we'll change them accordingly.
- We have to adjust the selling price accordingly.
- These officers accordingly attended in great form.
He's told me what the situation is,I must act accordingly.
He wanted to be treated like any other star entertainer and be paid accordingly.
She's an expert in her field, and is paid accordingly.
They have broken the rules and will be punished accordingly.
Sometimes the press went too far, and suffered accordingly
Please inform us of your decision and we will act accordingly.
We have to discover his plans and act accordingly.
You told me to lock the door and I acted accordingly.
These are the rules, act accordingly.
No formal complaint was made; accordingly, the police took no action.
He was too sick to stay. Accordingly, we sent him home.
I was told to hurry; accordingly,I came by train.
He had loved her and he had been, accordingly, good to her.
She complained of stiffness in her joints. Accordingly she was admitted to hospital for further tests.
He was told to speak briefly; accordingly he cut short his remarks.
They asked him to leave the meeting, and accordingly he went.
She was offended and accordingly refused to attend the meeting.
- accordingly as 依照(根据
- accordingly作“照着; 相应地”解时常用于句末,作“因此; 所以”解时常用于句首或句中。
- accordingly, consequently, hence, so, then, therefore, thereupon, thus
这组词的共同意思是“因此; 所以; 于是”,它们的区别是：1.so, then和thus是一般用词; accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore和thereupon是正式用词。2.so和then常用于简洁的日常谈话,语义较轻,只表示因果关系或逻辑顺序,而不一定表示严格的推论关系。3.accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore, thereupon和thus都表示因果关系。accordingly语气较缓和,常译为“于是”; consequently一般不强调因果间的必然联系,而只是根据逻辑推理得出的结果; hence表示合理的推断,指出原因及其必然结果,但更强调原因; therefore强调因果间的逻辑关系,多用于表示严密推理或精确论证的郑重场合,故常用在数学、逻辑学等领域; thereupon则指“作为…的结果”; thus的意思和hence, therefore相近,但更正式庄重。4.accordingly常位于(分句)句首或句中; consequently, hence常位于(分句)句首; so只用于分句句首; then常用于分句句首,有时用于句末; therefore和thereupon常用于(分句)句首,有时用于句中; thus常用于(分句)句首。5.consequently, hence, so, then, therefore和thereupon前有时可加and; accordingly前偶尔可加and; thus前一般不可加and。6.hence常引导省略句; thus还可跟现在分词短语表示结果或目的。
- accordingly consequently hence so therefore thus
- correspondingly conformably in accordance with the fact suitably as a result consequently thence in due course in which case so then hence therefore thus whence wherefore whereupon
- accordingly:accordingly adv. 因此, 从而…