- 照着; 相应地 in a way that is appropriate to what has been done
- 因此; 所以 for that reason; therefore; so; consequently
(sentence connectors) because of the reason given;
"consequently, he didn't do it"
"continued to have severe headaches and accordingly returned to the doctor"
in accordance with;
"she acted accordingly"
- He was asked to leave the city and accordingly he went.
- I have told you the circumstances, so you must act accordingly.
- Accordingly, the crowd was sombre and grave.
- Just tell us the color and design you have in mind. we'll change them accordingly.
- We have to adjust the selling price accordingly.
- These officers accordingly attended in great form.
- He's told me what the situation is,I must act accordingly.
- He wanted to be treated like any other star entertainer and be paid accordingly.
- She's an expert in her field, and is paid accordingly.
- They have broken the rules and will be punished accordingly.
- Sometimes the press went too far, and suffered accordingly
- Please inform us of your decision and we will act accordingly.
- We have to discover his plans and act accordingly.
- You told me to lock the door and I acted accordingly.
- These are the rules, act accordingly.
- No formal complaint was made; accordingly, the police took no action.
- He was too sick to stay. Accordingly, we sent him home.
- I was told to hurry; accordingly,I came by train.
- He had loved her and he had been, accordingly, good to her.
- She complained of stiffness in her joints. Accordingly she was admitted to hospital for further tests.
- He was told to speak briefly; accordingly he cut short his remarks.
- They asked him to leave the meeting, and accordingly he went.
- She was offended and accordingly refused to attend the meeting.
- accordingly作“照着; 相应地”解时常用于句末,作“因此; 所以”解时常用于句首或句中。
- accordingly, consequently, hence, so, then, therefore, thereupon, thus
- 这组词的共同意思是“因此; 所以; 于是”,它们的区别是：
- 1.so, then和thus是一般用词; accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore和thereupon是正式用词。
- 3.accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore, thereupon和thus都表示因果关系。accordingly语气较缓和,常译为“于是”; consequently一般不强调因果间的必然联系,而只是根据逻辑推理得出的结果; hence表示合理的推断,指出原因及其必然结果,但更强调原因; therefore强调因果间的逻辑关系,多用于表示严密推理或精确论证的郑重场合,故常用在数学、逻辑学等领域; thereupon则指“作为…的结果”; thus的意思和hence, therefore相近,但更正式庄重。
- 4.accordingly常位于(分句)句首或句中; consequently, hence常位于(分句)句首; so只用于分句句首; then常用于分句句首,有时用于句末; therefore和thereupon常用于(分句)句首,有时用于句中; thus常用于(分句)句首。
- 5.consequently, hence, so, then, therefore和thereupon前有时可加and; accordingly前偶尔可加and; thus前一般不可加and。
- 6.hence常引导省略句; thus还可跟现在分词短语表示结果或目的。
- in accordance with the fact
- as a result
- in due course
- in which case