- vt.陪伴；伴随...发生；补充；给 ... 伴奏
- 为...伴奏， 给...伴奏，为...伴唱
- vt. 〈正〉陪同; 陪伴 travel or go somewhere with sb; go with sb, especially on a journey
- vt. 伴随; 与…同时发生 happen or appear with sth else; exist or appear at the same time or same place as
- vt. 为…伴奏 play a musical instrument, especially a piano while sb else sings or plays the main tune
- be present or associated with an event or entity;
"French fries come with the hamburger"
"heart attacks are accompanied by distruction of heart tissue"
"fish usually goes with white wine"
"this kind of vein accompanies certain arteries"
- go or travel along with;
"The nurse accompanied the old lady everywhere"
- perform an accompaniment to;
"The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
- be a companion to somebody
- She asked me to accompany her to the airport.
- Lightning usually accompanies thunder.
- The text is accompanied by illustration.
- In the singer's eyes,she accompanied magnificently.
Secret service agents accompanied the President everywhere.
He wished her to accompany him.
Abel asked to be excused from accompa- nying them and went upstairs to her room.
She asked to accompany us home.
If I were not so busy,I should gladly accompany you there.
Will you accompany me home for supper?
In the hotel, they accompanied the old man in drinking away as usual.
My daughter accompanied me on the trip.
May we accompany you on your walk?
A group of young pioneers always accompany the disabled girl to the school.
His friend accompanied him to a dinner.
I must ask you to accompany me to the police station.
She asked me to accompany her to the church.
He agreed to accompany us to the theater.
She will accompany you to the airport.
Let me accompany you to your hotel.
The tinkling bell accompanied the girl's ringing laughter.
Thunder often accompanies lightning.
A high fever often accompanies a mild infection.
A series of colour photographs accompanies the text.
An illustrated catalogue accompanies the exhibition.
Each pack contains a book and accompa- nying cassette.
Bill accompanied the singer on the guitar.
The pianist accompanied her singing.
Sarah sings and Bill accompanies her on the guitar.
She accompanies the song on the violin.
Children under 12 may be accompanied by an adult. 12
I was accompanied to the airport by my wife.
His words were accompanied by exclamations from the audience
A skin rash may be accompanied by fever.
More often than not, bad weather is accompanied by strong winds.
The gift was accompanied by a letter.
This condition alone is not enough and must be accompanied by others.
The dance was accompanied by a small brass band.
The singer was accompanied on the piano by her sister.
Who will accompany me to inspect the engine-room?
There was no accompanying note or letter.
The text that accompanied his picture explained who he was.
Shirley came to the party, accompanied by her brother.
She came out of the house accompanied by Miss Jones.
Accompanied by brisk and lively music, she moves forward and backward with alacrity .
- accompany with (v.+prep.)
伴随着,兼带着 add to (sth, sth done or happening at the same time) accompany sth with sth
He accompanied his words with actions.他言行一致。
He accompanied his speech with gestures.他演讲时做着手势。
He accompanied the advice with a warning.他的规劝带有警告。用于be ～ed 结构
And then poverty was accompanied with illness.贫穷之外又加上疾病。
The storm is accompanied with thunder.暴风雨中夹杂着雷声。
- 伴随着,兼带着 add to (sth, sth done or happening at the same time) accompany sth with sth
- accompany delightedly 高兴地陪伴
- accompany harmoniously 和谐地伴奏
- accompany invariably 总是伴随着
- accompany unhappily 不愉快地陪伴
- accompany sb for inspection 随同某人视察
- accompany sb in drinking a glass of wine 陪某人饮酒
- accompany sb on his visit to a place 陪同某人参观某地
- accompany sb on a walk 陪同某人散步
- accompany sb on the piano 用钢琴为某人伴奏
- accompany a guest to the door 送客至门口
- accompany sb to the airport 送某人去机场
- accompany sb to the station 陪某人去车站
- accompany the children to the game 带孩子们去看球赛
- accompany one's speech with gestures 说话时伴以手势
- accompany one's words with acts 边说边做动作
With what meditations did Bloom accompany his demonstration?出自：Joyce
- accompany的基本意思是“陪同,陪伴”,作为静态动词可表示陪伴某人; 作为动态动词可表示“陪伴某人去某地”或“陪伴某人做某事”,主语和谓语都是人。作“陪伴某人做某事”解时,多接“on+表示动作的名词”或“in+ v -ing”,极少接动词不定式。
- accompany还可以表示“附带; 补充; 增添”,所附加的事物可由介词with引出。
- accompanied by sb/sth 的意思是“由…陪伴〔伴随〕着”,在句中常用作状语。
accompany是正式用语,口语中有时可以用go with, see代替。试比较以下两句:
Our teacher saw a foreign guest to theschool entrance.我们老师陪外宾到校门口。I'll see you to the door.我送你到门口。
- be accompanied by,(be) accompanied with
这两个短语的意思相近,其区别是：1.be accompanied by是被动式, by的宾语是行为的主体,(be) accompanied with是系表结构,表示一种伴随状态。2.by后可接人,也可接物,而with后只能接物。3.在表示“陪同某人”或“在某人陪同下”时,只能用by,不能用with。4.在表示“伴奏”时,接by表示“由某人伴奏”或“以某种形式(音乐、舞蹈、乐队)伴奏”,而with则表示以某种乐器伴奏,试比较:
- The singer was accompanied by a flutist.
- The singer was accompanied with a flute.
- accompany at piano, accompany on piano
- accompany, attend, escort
- accompany, company
这两个词词形和词义相近,但前者是动词,多指动态; 后者是名词,常指静态,常作keep, bear等的宾语补足语。
- accompany sb, keep sb company
这两个短语都可译为“陪伴”,其区别在于:keep sb company的目的是使某人不寂寞,“伴”本身就是目的; 而accompany sb的目的不仅是“伴”,更主要的是去(哪里)或做(什么),其后常接副词或副词性短语。试比较:
- Sit here and keep me company for a while.
- Will you accompany me in drinking a glass of wine?
- ☆ 15世纪初期入进英语，直接源自中古法语的accompagner，意为伴随。
- attend conduct go along with go in company with guard be connected with coexist with follow go hand in glove with to occur with play accompaniment for supply music for
- accompan(y)ist n. 伴奏者; 伴唱者‖accompanying adj. 陪伴的,伴随的
- accompany:accompany vt. 陪伴, 伴奏 英英解释:动词accompany:1. be associated with同义词：attach to, come with, go with2. go or…