- making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- a settlement of differences
- in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- living quarters provided for public convenience
- the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the natural lens of the eye
- These accommodations are a far cry from what she's been used to.