- vt. 为(某人)提供住宿(或膳宿、座位等) provide sb with a room or place to sleep, live or sit
- vt. 容纳; 为…提供空间 provide enough space for sb/sth
- vt. 〈正〉考虑到; 顾及 consider sth, such as sb's opinion or a fact, and be influenced by it when you are deciding what to do or explaining sth
- vt. 〈正〉帮忙; 给…提供方便 help sb by doing what they want
- vt. 〈正〉使顺应,使适应 change your behaviour so that you can deal with a new situation better
- be agreeable or acceptable to;
"This suits my needs"
- make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose;
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
- provide with something desired or needed;
"Can you accommodate me with a rental car?"
- have room for; hold without crowding;
"This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"
"The theater admits 300 people"
"The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
- provide housing for;
"We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
- provide a service or favor for someone;
"We had to oblige him"
- make (one thing) compatible with (another);
"The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
- This hotel can accommodate up to 500 guests.
- We must accommodate ourselves to circumstances.
- One flat can accommodate a family of five.
- The bank is accommodating its customers more than it used to.
- The government came up with a new economic proposal that accommodates the special needs and interests of the elderly.
- He tried to accommodate the dispute between his two friends.
- Her eyes took a while to accommodate to the darkness.
Can the inn accommodate a party of five for two weeks?
The hotel can accommodate 600 guests.
She can't accommodate guests at the moment.
Are there enough shelves to accommodate all our books?
Our ships accommodate up to 150.
The airplane is large enough to accommodate over 400 passengers.
The bus is enough to accommodate 50 passengers.
The cottage could comfortably accommodate up to five people.
The new facility will easily accommodate 50 workstations.
There wasn't enough space to accommodate the files.
This big bedroom will〔can〕 accommodate six beds.
This table accommodates six persons.
Our proposal tries to accommodate the special needs of minority groups.
We did this to accommodate your buyers.
When we asked for help, a stranger accommodated us.
He accommodated me when I asked him for change.
He asked his uncle to accommodate him till his pay cheque arrived.
I have accommodated the press a great deal, giving numerous interviews.
Should you have any special needs, our flight attendants will do their best to accommodate you.
I accommodated him by taking the sick horse, though it was against my will.
The country must accommodate present realities, not reach back for old dreams.
Your investment strategy has to be flexible enough to accommodate changes in the market.
The union has made every possible effort to accommodate the management.
During the conference, she will be accommodated in a nearby hotel.
Guests were well accommodated in that hotel.
The delegates were accommodated in university hotels.
New students may be accommodated in halls of residence.
They were accommodated in a spacious room upstairs.
Over 70 minutes of music can be accommodated on one CD.
- accommodate to (v.+prep.)
改变〔调节〕…以适应change sth to suit sth else; change your attitudes and behaviour in order to deal with a new situation accommodate to sb/sth
The lens of the eye accommodate to distance.眼球晶状体能根据距离进行调节。
I quickly needed to accommodate to the new schedule.我需要迅速适应新时间表。
Wherever he goes, he readily accommodates to new circumstances.无论到哪儿他都能随即适应新环境。accommodate oneself/sth to sth/v-ing
When you go to a strange country, you'll have to accommodate yourself to new ways of living.到外国时,你就得使自己适应新的生活方式。
The President seemed willing to accommodate himself to Senate desires.总统似乎愿意按参议院的意图行事。
We must accommodate ourselves to circumstances.我们必须适应环境。
You should soon accommodate yourself to the new circumstance.你应尽快适应新环境。
We should accommodate ourselves to the changing situation.我们应该使自己适应不断变化的形势。
This chair accommodates its shape to a person's position.这把椅子的形状能随就座者的姿势进行调节。
We will accommodate our plans to yours.我们会使我们的计划配合你的计划。
Cat's eyes soon accommodate themselves to seeing object in the darkness.猫眼能很快适应看黑暗中的物体。
The eye can accommodate itself to seeing objects at different distances.眼睛可以自己调节以看不同距离的东西。
- 改变〔调节〕…以适应change sth to suit sth else; change your attitudes and behaviour in order to deal with a new situation accommodate to sb/sth
- accommodate with( v.+prep. )
为…提供…add to sth for sb accommodate sb with sth
During my one-week stay there, he accommodated me with the use of his car.我在那儿一周的逗留期间,他把他的汽车提供我使用。
I accommodated him with money.我借钱给他。
It was very good of you to accommodate me with the ticket for my journey.你真好,为我的旅行提供车票。
She accommodated me with a night's lodging.她留我住了一晚。
The bank will accommodate you with a loan.银行将向你提供一笔贷款。
We accommodate our visiting scholars with new apartments.我们为访问学者提供新的公寓。
- 为…提供…add to sth for sb accommodate sb with sth
- accommodate dinners 提供吃饭的空间
- accommodate six beds 容纳六张床
- accommodate a statement to facts 使一项声明与事实相符
- accommodate the special interests of various groups 照顾到不同集团的特殊利益
- accommodate a dispute 调解一场争端
- accommodate wrong ideas 迁就错误意见
- accommodate easily 轻易地适应
- accommodate at this hotel 在这家旅馆住宿
- accommodate sb for the night 留某人过夜
- accommodate one's plan to sb's 使(自己的)计划与某人的协调一致
- accommodate oneself to circumstances 适应环境
- accommodate oneself to new conditions 适应新的情况
- accommodate sb with 向某人供应,向某人提供…,答应某人(某事)
- accommodate sb with a loan (银行)向某人提供贷款
- accommodate sb with lodging 向某人提供住宿
The power of accommodating the eye to different distances.出自：D. Brewster
Persien..was accommodated to the regular -ian.出自：R. W. Chapman
The reason she had no social life was..because she couldn't accommodate herself to anyone.出自：C. Freeman
- accommodate是及物动词,可接名词或代词作宾语,但不接双宾语。作“提供食宿”“供给”等解时常接with引起的短语,表示供给的东西; 作“使适应”解时常接to引起的短语,表示适应的对象。accommodate可用于被动结构。
- accommodate, adapt, adjust
这三者的共同意思是“使适合,使适应”。accommodate用于使之相适应的两事物之间悬殊极大的事物,带有一方暂时必须屈从另一方的意味; adapt用于使之适应的两事物之间差别较小的事物,将某一方稍加改变便可适应于另一方,带有一定的灵活性和适应性; adjust则着重于结果,即达到尽可能的符合或和谐。
- accommodate, favour, oblige
这组词的共同意思是“施恩于(某人)或答应(某人)的请求”。其区别是：oblige通常指应某人的请求去做令人惬意的小事,或指对人所做的小事表示客气和礼貌; accommodate含有“有意协助”的意思,主要用在交易中指贷款等行为; favour专指纯粹出于好意、不附加任何义务或期待报答的惠赐。
- adapt adjust conform accommodate suit fit
误 She generously accommodated her friend to a loan of money.
正 She generously accommodated her friend with a loan of money.
误 They accommodated easily with the new conditions.
正 They accommodated easily to the new conditions.
析 accommodate不接双宾语,表示“提供食宿,供给”须接介词with; 表示“使适应”时常接介词to。
- ☆ 1530左右进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的accomodatus，意为使适合。
- accommodating adj. 乐于助人的; 善于适应新环境的; 调节性的
- accommodated:accommodate vt. 供应, 供给, 使适应, 调节, 和解, 向...提供, 容纳, 调和vi. 适应 英英解释:动词accommodate:1. be agreeable or acce…