- (chemistry) in the formation of a coordinate bond it is the compound to which electrons are donated
- the person (or institution) who accepts a check or draft and becomes responsible for paying the party named in the draft when it matures
- The bill of exchange was signed by the acceptor.
- The new designed project of laser forewarning acceptor is proposed.
- Y2O3 acts not only as a donor, but also as an acceptor.
- The drawee of a commercial bank shall be the acceptor.
- The constructor initialises an acceptor to listen on TCP port 13.
- N8 atom could form H-bond to the acceptor as a free base.