- vt. & vi. 收受; 接受 take willingly sth that is offered; say “yes” to an offer, invitation, etc.; take sth that sb gives you; take or receive (sth offered or given), especially willingly
- vt. & vi. 同意; 答应; 认可 agree to do what sb asks or suggests; agree to or approve of sth
- vt. 相信 recognize that sth is true, fair, or right; believe that sth is true; recognize as being true or right
- vt. 承认; 承担 admit that you are responsible or to blame for sth
- vt. 忍受; 容忍 recognize that a bad situation exists and cannot be avoided or changed
- vt. 接纳; 吸收(成员) allow sb to join an organization
- vt. & vi. 承兑 make a particular form of payment
- consider or hold as true;
"I cannot accept the dogma of this church"
"accept an argument"
- receive willingly something given or offered;
"The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"
"I won't have this dog in my house!"
"Please accept my present"
- give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to;
"I cannot accept your invitation"
"I go for this resolution"
- react favorably to; consider right and proper;
"People did not accept atonal music at that time"
"We accept the idea of universal health care"
- admit into a group or community;
"accept students for graduate study"
"We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person;
"I'll accept the charges"
"She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- tolerate or accommodate oneself to;
"I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"
"I swallowed the insult"
"She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
- be designed to hold or take;
"This surface will not take the dye"
- receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
- make use of or accept for some purpose;
"take a risk"
"take an opportunity"
- be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal;
"The cow accepted the bull"
- We gave him a present,but he did not accept it.
- she accepted the judge's decision.
- They accepted responsibility for the accident.
- She offered him a lift and he accepted.
After a little persuasion, he accepted.
If you accept, please let me know.
They offered her a job, and she accepted without hesitation.
He offered her a lift and she accepted.
He asked her to marry him and she accepted.
The firm accepted for $200 only.
He asked her to marry him and she accepted him.
The local people never really accepted us.
I hardly like accepting it.
I accept your apology.
I accepted your advice.
Finally they accepted our terms.
I can't accept your advice in this matter.
He accepted criticism with an open mind.
She did not accept his hand in marriage.
She is still angry and refuses to accept my apology.
We hesitated to accept the proposal.
He accepted the job.
I cannot accept this gift.
He accepted the present with hearty thanks.
Will you accept my invitation?
I've accepted her invitation to go to her dinner.
Please accept my best wishes for your success.
Please accept this gift and my gratitude.
She sincerely accepted this customer's criticism.
They accepted his article for publication.
I am here to accept the award on Ms. Winslet's behalf.
Sauders has been convicted for accepting bribes.
We accepted a very hard assignment.
They found it hard to accept defeat.
She received his present but she didn't accept it.
They offered him a large sum of money but he didn't accept it.
Scholars now generally accept Einstein's theory of relativity.
He accepted simply, as a matter of course, the tradition.
Our clients will never accept this proposal.
They accepted the plan in principle.
We cannot accept your view on this subject.
Those people will never accept abstract sculpture.
A publisher in New York has accepted her novel for publication.
He accepted the judge's decision.
I know it's not fair, but you'll just have to accept it.
The company accepted his plan and bought new machines.
I cannot accept an excuse like that.
Sam accepted her explanation without question.
Mary is so credulous that she may readily accept any excuse you make.
The media must accept their share of the blame.
The boy accepted full responsibility for breaking the window.
We accept liability for the accident.
We cannot accept liability for items stolen from your car.
This wood will not accept oil paints.
There's no time to hold meetings. So do it! Yes,I accept responsibility.
The hotel accepts traveller's cheque.
We accept personal cheques with proper identification .
She applied to join the League and was accepted.
This theory has not been generally accepted.
His views on genetics are not now widely accepted.
The idea of universal education is widely accepted.
This argument is unlikely to be accepted by the court.
The completed project has been checked and accepted by the government.
The design of the new car was not accepted by the public.
After some discussion, this proposition was accepted by both sides.
Most of the report's recommendations have been accepted by the government.
Has he been accepted at Cambridge University?
Betty was finally accepted in the bset circles.
Under the new law, gay people will be accepted in the armed forces.
Some people have recently been accepted into the Party.
The proposal will be accepted upon the following conditions.
I finally accepted to work with them.
Miss Frangron accepted to come and have all three acts read to her.
She was accepted to study music.
At last she accepted marrying him.
She could not accept lagging behind others.
I never accept meekly being pushed around .
It cannot have been easy for a grown man to accept being carried about in the locked arms of aids.
We've accepted that we'll vote tomorrow.
Many countries accept that they will need to maintain a powerful collective defence.
For a long time, he simply could not accept that she was dead.
I accept that I was wrong to be so angry.
I accept that the aircraft has no choice but to make a forced landing.
I accepted that I was wrong.
I can't accept that he is to blame.
Most scientists accept that climate change is linked to carbon emissions.
Did you accept that his statement was true?
She didn't accept that I was telling the truth.
Do you accept what he told you?
It is accepted that the superpowers are each seeking world wide domination.
It's accepted that the universe is endless.
It's generally accepted that smoking causes bad health.
Government accepted the whole affair to be an unfortunate accident.
Please accept the diamond ring as a present.
I accept him as the best student in our class.
He accepted a position as accountant.
I cannot accept you as my assistant.
They accepted me as a member of their organization.
The manager did not accept her as his secretary.
The opposition party has decided to accept him as premier.
The crowd accepted her statement as truth.
The police accept his story as true.
They accept the news as authoritative.
We accepted the conclusion as correct.
She accepted the rumour as true.
You may accept the book as a safe guide.
Don't accept everything you have heard as true.
She has been accepted as a new member of the club.
He was accepted as a member of the tennis club.
It may be provisionally accepted as a fact.
The opinion is accepted as true.
Mexico was accepted as a member of the OECD in 1994.
The new theory became widely accepted.
This is the standard accepted by all.
- accept a bill of exchange 承兑票据
- accept a challenge 应战
- accept a favour 接受恩惠
- accept a gift 接受礼物
- accept a job 接受一份工作
- accept aid 接受援助
- accept an apology 接受道歉
- accept an assignment 接受任务
- accept an award 领奖
- accept an invitation 接受邀请
- accept a note of exchange 承兑票据
- accept an office 接受职务
- accept a present 接受礼物
- accept a task 接受任务
- accept battle 应战
- accept check 接收支票
- accept cheque 接收支票
- accept criticism 接受批评
- accept defeat 承认失败
- accept delivery of goods 负责送货
- accept failure 承认失败
- accept family planning 赞同计划生育
- accept help 接受帮助
- accept liability 承担责任
- accept membership 接受为成员或会员
- accept modern music 认同现代音乐
- accept one's fate 认命
- accept rewards 接受酬劳
- accept sb's advice 接受某人的劝告
- accept sb's decision 赞同某人的决定
- accept sb's excuse 相信某人的解释
- accept sb's explanation 相信某人的辩解
- accept sb's good will 接受某人的好意
- accept sb's hand in marriage 答应与某人结婚
- accept sb's kind offer 接受某人的好意
- accept sb's proposal 接受某人的建议
- accept sb's reasons 相信某人的理由
- accept sb's suggestion 接受某人的建议
- accept sb's terms 接受某人的条件
- accept the conditions 接受条件
- accept the consequence 承担后果
- accept the plan 赞同这个计划
- accept the present situation 承认现状
- accept the situation 听天由命
- accept the theory 赞同这一理论
- accept the truth of sb's statements 认为某人的陈述属实
- accept this view 同意这种见解
- accept sth as truth 承认…是事实
- accept sth from sb 接受某人的…
- accept blindly 盲目地接受
- accept bravely 勇敢地接受; 大胆地接受
- accept casually 非正式地承认
- accept cautiously 谨慎地接受
- accept cheerfully 愉快地接受
- accept complacently 自鸣得意地接受
- accept courteously 谦恭地接受
- accept credulously 轻信
- accept eagerly 热切地接受
- accept elatedly 兴高采烈地接受
- accept enthusiastically 热情接受
- accept fatalistically 听天由命地领受
- accept frankly 真诚地接受
- accept generally 普遍地接受
- accept good-naturedly 温厚地接受
- accept graciously 彬彬有礼地接受
- accept gratefully 感恩地接受
- accept grudgingly 勉强接受
- accept implicitly 含蓄地承认
- accept impulsively 冲动地接受
- accept magnanimously 大度地接受
- accept passively 被动接受
- accept peacefully 平静地接受
- accept philosophically 冷静地接受
- accept phlegmatically 冷淡地接受
- accept provisionally 暂且接受
- accept readily 欣然接受
- accept reasonably 明智地接受
- accept reluctantly 勉强接受
- accept sincerely 诚恳地接受
- accept skeptically 心存怀疑地接受
- accept slavishly 盲从地接受
- accept stoically 淡泊地接受
- accept thankfully 感激地接受
- accept unhesitatingly 即刻接受; 毫不犹豫地接受
- accept universally 完全接受
- accept unreservedly 无保留地接受
- accept unwillingly 勉强接受; 不情愿地接受
- accept widely 广泛接受
- accept willingly 乐意接受
The husband she had thoughtlessly accepted.出自：M. Pattison
Mr Mulligan accepted of the invitation.出自：Joyce
Accept my gratitude for your warning.出自：E. O
A great many more accepted Than we thought would want to come.出自：absol.
- 同receive不同，accept是“接受”，而receive是“收到”。accept a present是“接受一个礼物”，不会退还，而receive a present是“收到一个礼物”，有可能会退还；
- accept和accept of以前可以替换使用，现accept of用的比较少，往往带有“正式”或“垂恩”之意。只适用于说接受present，favour，love，hospitality等，不适于接受theory，advice，apology，challenge，offer，invitation，ruling等；
If you accept, please let me know immediately.
I am pleased to accept your invitation.
不用I shall be pleased to accept your invitation.
She accepted my claim to be heard.
- accept的基本意思是“接受”,如接受礼物、邀请、好意、批评、建议、接纳为成员等等。引申可表示“承认; 同意; 认可; 相信”,如答应某些条件、相信某种解释、相信某事属实、认同某种理论、承担责任、容忍或忍受困境等等。在商业用语中accept则表示“承兑; 接受(某种付款方式)”。
- accept具有明显的主观色彩,不仅客观上“接”,而且更主要的是主观上的“受”。accept某人的劝说或者建议时表示你情愿地按照他们的劝说或建议去做; accept令人不愉快的情形时表示你认识到这是不能改变的、必须接受的现实,即含不情愿和勉强之意。
- accept主要用作及物动词,其宾语可为名词、代词或动名词,也可接动词不定式。作“认可; 相信”等解时可接that/wh-从句。作“承认…是…”解时还常接以“as+ n./adj./v -ing”充当补足语的复合宾语,这时as不可省略。
- accept表示声明“接受”或“不接受”邀请,通常用现在时态。表示为大学或俱乐部所接受时,后面所跟的介词是 by 而不是 to; 表示“聘用”时,后面接介词 for。
- “我很高兴接受你的邀请。”习惯说I am pleased to accept your invitation.不说 I shall be pleased to accept your invitation.
- “对不起,我不能接受你的邀请。”习惯说I'm sorry.I can't accept your invitation.不说I'm sorry.I shall be unable to accept your invitation.
- accept与accept of在古英语中可互换, accept of稍正式,含“垂恩”之意,多用于接受a present, a favour或love等,而不用于接受theory, advice, apology等。现代英语中accept of已经废弃。
- accept, believe
这两个词都可以表示“相信”,但含义上有细微差别。accept强调的是对某人的解释或声明的真实性感到满意或认为可以接受,有时含有不加鉴别或者无可奈何甚至是违心的意思,常可译为“认可”; 而believe则强调相信某事是真的。例如:He accepted the explanation without question.他认可了这个解释,没有提出疑问。We no longer believed the lies spread by them.我们再也不相信他们散布的谣言了。
- accept, receive
这两个词都含有“收到”的意思。在表示“赞同某一意见或看法”时可互换。例如:Her husband did not accept〔receive〕 her story.她的丈夫不相信她的话。The theory was not received〔accepted〕 as truth by the broad masses of people.这一理论并未被广大人民群众当成真理。其区别是：1.从搭配上说:在表示“受到教育〔惩罚,支持〕”和“接待客人”等意时只能用receive,不能用accept; 而在表示“接受某条件”时却只能用accept,而不能用receive。2.从含义上说: receive只表示“被动地收到”这一事实,而accept则多了一层主观上“某种程度甚至完全赞同”的意味。例如:I've received an invitation but I don't think I'll accept.我收到一份邀请,但不准备接受。Though he has received several offers, he can accept only one of them.虽然他收到了几处的聘请,但他只能接受其中之一。再如,收到(receive)别人的致歉,但不一定予以承认(accept); 头脑可以接收(receive)某一思想,但不一定认同(accept); 一个人可以为社会所容纳(receive),但不一定为他人所理解(accept)。简而言之,“accept=receive+乐意地”。此外, receive之后还可以拒绝甚至退回,而一经accept,则除极特殊情况外,一般是不能再拒绝或退回的。因此,复信中写I've received your invitation.就显得不够礼貌了。
- accept as, consider as
accept as是有了客观因素后才“把…看成是…”; 而consider as是指经过主观上的思考或亲身经历后才“认为…是…”。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的acceptre，意为给什么拿什么；最初源自拉丁语的capree，意为心甘情愿地领受。
- receive willingly receive with favour take sth offered accede to adopt agree to assent to consent to grant as satisfactory receive with approval acknowledge admit allow assume bear undertake
- accepted adj. 公认的
- accept:释义 acceptvt.1. 接受,领受;答应,同意He has accepted our invitation.他已经接受了我们的邀请。2. 承认,认可【(+as)】【O2】【+that】The…