- Developing at an accelerated rate and leading to death. Used of certain diseases.
- The double-declining balance method computes depreciation at an accelerated rate.
- Compared to B6 WT group, B6 CCR5 KO group succumbed to acute GVHD at an accelerated rate.
- Persons destined to develop AD experience an accelerated rate of decline in cognitive ability, particularly in memory.
- The problem has increased at an accelerating rate.
- Most often, this specified percentage is 2%, meaning that the accelerated rate is exactly twice the straight-light rate.