- Further studies demonstrated that cleaved protein S lost the binding ability to the surface of apoptotic cells.
- Protein S deficiency was noted in 10/22 (45%) and anticardiolipin antibodies in 9/31 (29%) tested patients.
- APC,in the presence of cofactor called Protein S(PS), exerts an anticoagulant action.
- However, the Belgium/USA team has found that proteasomes can also splice the peptide fragments together in a reverse order to that encoded by the protein s DNA sequence template.
- Plasma protein S activity was detected by clotting assay on the ACL 300 automantic coagulation laboratory;total and free PS were determined by enzyme linked immunosorbant assay(ELISA).